Summary: We must walk according to our faith in Jesus.
A Walk That’s Worthy
July 13, 2008 Evening Service
Immanuel Baptist Church, Wagoner, OK
Message Point: We must walk according to our faith in Jesus.
Focus Passage: Ephesians 4:1-6
I. Walk the Talk
a. Paul – Vs 1. A PRISONER. He could have avoided prison if he wasn’t sold out to Jesus.
b. We can listen to Paul because he was living what he preached.
i. SO often we try to WALK apart from the calling… His work.
• Trying to LIVE right without first BEING right.
• Sermons are heard, seminars are attended, books are read.
• How to have a happy home, how to raise godly kids…
• Without really grasping ALL THAT God has done for you & me.
• That we are so very loved. That we are His precious people.
• How we have been given every spiritual blessing to walk humbly with our God!
II. DANGER!! DANGER!!
a. It is easy to believe that we are the initiators and God responds to us! That is not so. “If I just pray enough, give enough, do enough, THEN God will bless me… so I’m trying to walk worthy… going for it.” But that doesn’t work. It leads to frustration & disappointment! WHY? Because we can NEVER DO ENOUGH.
III. So, How Should We Walk?
a. Right Position (vs. 2), that is, with all humility and gentleness. Opposite is “Full of Pride”
b. Right Perspective (vs 2) - Bearing with one another in love. Be patient with one another. Not quick to judge or accuse.
Right Purpose (vs 3) – endeavoring to keep unity (Unity is already here: One body, one spirit, one hope in our calling, one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father