Summary: Love Covers
Abounding in love - Love Covers
1 Thessalonians 4:9-10 (KJV)
9 But as touching brotherly love ye need not that I write unto you: for ye yourselves are taught of God to love one another.
10 And indeed ye do it toward all the brethren which are in all Macedonia: but we beseech you, brethren, that ye increase more and more;
Q: You are to increase more and more in what?
A: This brotherly love!
Now - I believe the phrase
– “brotherly love” has a religious condensation about it.
You remember - the Old Testament the commandment was to
> Love your neighbor as yourself.
But in the new commandment what did Jesus tell us?
John 13:34 (KJV)
34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another;
-let’s just stop right there
> They been told - in the Old Testament to love each other?
Q: so why is this new?
Q: that ye love one another?
The bible says:
Romans 5:5 (KJV)
5 …. the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.
Q: can go beyond….. just loving someone as yourself.
Now - you can love your brother to the point
– where you’re ready to sacrifice yourself!
Q: what is the law mentioned in Galatians?
Galatians 6:2 (KJV)
2 Bear ye one another’s burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.
Not just your own burdens
Someone else’s burdens
Listen! – The ugly, selfishness
that the world
is full of
has been described from the beginning
– in the book of Genesis.
When Cain killed his brother Able!
He was asked about it
Q: – do you remember his response?
A: He said: “am I my brother’s keeper?”
What he was saying is…
1. Am I to keep up with him?
2. It’s not my day to watch him!
3. I’m not his babysitter!
> That is the ugly, ugly devilish attitude of Satan
Saying… “It’s not my problem!”
“every man for himself!”
“You take care of yours - and - I’ll take care of mine”
The true Christian operating in the commandment of the Lord
Is willing to take a burden that doesn’t belong to them
> Not just carry the burden…. But
> Use their faith in turn it over to the Lord
> Use their faith and resources to help remove burdens of people
If you’ve ever had the opportunity to do this – you know what a joy it is!
1. To help someone who is in financial distress and pressure – pay their bills
2. Help someone physically that doesn’t have the ability to do what needs to be done.
3. Encourage someone that may be going through a difficult time
4. Visiting someone in the hospital
STATEMENT: seeing relief in a person’s face – brings real joy
1. You get to participate “in God” meeting people’s needs
2. You get to participate in the anointing that removes burns and destroys yolks
To do this you have to be interested in people’s lives –
> People tend to stay to themselves
> And if everything is OK and my live
I’ll just pretend that not aware of other people needs
> The world as a big place
> I can’t fix everything
So I’ll just say to myself –
I have a pretty decent life – praise the lord
I’ll just live for myself
– and –
be happy with what the Lord blesses me with
There are numerous problems with that attitude
Because - One day you’re going to need help!
> You say – Pastor Mike don’t speak that over me
> I did not say that you have to go around confessing it
> It’s just a fact
1. Whether it’s for yourself
2. People you’re hooked up with
3. Things that you’re involved with
> You are going to want people that will hook up with you
> And what you doing
> Even though it’s not their problem
I’m talking about….
People getting involved with what you even though it’s not their ministry
> Thank God for people wanting to help!
There are people who give to this church that don’t even come!
1. on a regular basis - through the mail
2. People come once or twice a year – and give large amounts
Q: why are they doing that?
1. They believe in you – they believe in me
2. They believe in the ministry that were doing
3. They wanna be a part of what God’s doing in Delaware
4. They are investing in God’s kingdom
And they’re smart -because
We’re going to believe God with them - for a full harvest!