Summary: . As Christians, who have been born again by God’s Spirit, it is foolish to trust in the empty things of this life. In order to be truly satisfied in this life we must invest our lives in those things that have eternal value rather than those things tha
Seven Vital Keys to Spiritual Fullness
3. If a man begets a hundred children and lives many years, so that the days of his years are many, but his soul is not satisfied with goodness, or indeed he has no burial, I say that a stillborn child is better than he
4. for it comes in vanity and departs in darkness, and its name is covered with darkness.
10. He who loves silver will not be satisfied with silver; nor he who loves abundance, with increase. This also is vanity.
I. Introductory Remarks.
These two Scriptures point out very clearly the peril of an empty soul and how vain it is to put your trust in the things of the world and carnal pleasures. As Christians, who have been born again by God’s Spirit, it is foolish to trust in the empty things of this life. In order to be truly satisfied in this life we must invest our lives in those things that have eternal value rather than those things that are of temporal value.
2. Why do you spend money for what is not bread, and your wages for what does not satisfy? Listen diligently to Me, and eat what is good, and let your soul delight itself in abundance.
3. Incline your ear, and come to Me. Hear, and your soul shall live; and I will make an everlasting covenant with you the sure mercies of David.
In contrast to having an empty soul, I believe it is God’s deepest desire for each of us to experience God meeting our deepest needs with a spiritual fullness that flows from His being. His desire is to bring us into a place of spiritual fullness.
8. They are abundantly satisfied with the fullness of Your house, And You give them drink from the river of Your pleasures.
When I use the words "Spiritual Fullness", what are some of the things that come to your mind? Let me give you an idea of what I am talking about.
II. What Is Meant By Spiritual Fullness?
• The Fullness of God’s blessing constitutes the following...
God & His Presence
Wisdom & Understanding
Freedom from Guilt
Knowledge of God’s Will
When I think of spiritual fullness I think of being abundantly satisfied in each of these areas. These are the areas that are important to my life both spiritually and naturally.
• I believe God wants us to open our mouth wide and be filled.
10. I am the Lord your God, Who brought you out of the land of Egypt; Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it.
III. Seven Vital Keys To Receiving God’s Fullness.
Now that we know that God really desires for each of us to be abundantly satisfied fro the fullness of His house, let’s look at some vital keys in opening our mouths and receiving from Him.
1. There Must Be A Thirsting and a Seeking For God.
1. O God, You are my God; Early will I seek You; My soul thirsts for You; My flesh longs for You In a dry and thirsty land Where there is no water.
6. Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled..