Summary: It was after Isaiah saw, heard, felt, he responded here I am send me!
“After” Isaiah 6:1-8
1. Isaiah begin the text by stating it was in the year that King Uzziah died
• Isaiah is saying I can take you to the place I can tell you the time, but I cannot tell you the how!
• Its an amazing date apparently, He recalls so specifically. We all recall certain years most people remember the year John F Kennedy was killed 1963.
• We remember the Year the Twin towers were destroyed Sep 1, 2011, July 4 1776 Independence Day
• Isaiah remembers when King Uzziah was 16 years old he became King he was a good King He remembers it was the year King Uzziah died, the greatest event ever for him.
2. After This date Isaiah tells us “I Saw” The Absolute Amazement
• The prophet writes, "I saw the Lord sitting on a throne, high and lofty; and the hem of his robe filled the temple. Seraphs were in attendance above him; each had six wings: with two they covered their faces, and with two they covered their feet, and with two they flew."
• What Isaiah saw is the Lord as Fearsome, Wise, Holy, Just and simply amazing
• Job said He saw “ I have heard of you by the hearing of the ear; but now my eyes see you!
• Amos an ordinary shepherd saw God He said, “I saw The Lord standing beside the altar”
• Hagar who was abandoned by Abraham and Sarah 13She says, “"You are the God who sees me," for she said, "I have now seenC the One who sees me."
• One man said, “After I saw the birth of my baby “ I saw God today”
3. Isaiah says After I saw, I heard
• The Seraphim 3 were calling to one another: "Holy, holy, holy is the LORD Almighty; the whole earth is full of his glory." 4At the sound of their voices the doorposts and thresholds shook and the temple was filled with smoke.
• Why do they repeat “holy” three times? One Theologian says, “Wasn’t it enough to simply say that the Lord was “holy” once? It wasn’t enough. In the Hebrew language, intensity is communicated by repetition. To say the Lord is holy says something. To say the Lord is holy, holy, says far more. To say, holy, holy, holy is the Lord is to declare His holiness in the highest possible degree.”
• When we hear the still small voice it shakes us in our text the voice moved the door posts. That voice moved me That same voice moves you
4. Isaiah says, After I saw, After I heard, and then I felt
• Isaiah says after he encountered God of the Universe I felt so unworthy 5"Woe to me!" I cried. "I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the LORD Almighty."
5. Isaiah said After I saw, After I Heard, After I felt, I got cleansed
• 6Then one of the seraphs flew to me with a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with tongs from the altar. 7With it he touched my mouth and said, "See, this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away and your sin atoned for."
6. After I saw God, After I heard God, After I felt God, After I got cleansed
• 8Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"
• After an encounter we are sent into all the world
• All these who saw, heard, Felt, got cleansed, all went