Summary: The Lord freely gives us all things as displayed in Ephesians
- Amazed at the Unbelievable Offers that flood any e-mail box every week.
- Add up the offers of free money that comes in a week
- It can total millions of dollars
- Facebook makes a promise with a status update that you will be given a promise if you do one thing or pass on this message
- Every one is nothing but a lie sent by unscrupulous people to squeeze money from you.
- It’s a type of spam
- We’re all vulnerable to fantastic offers—to scams that in reality pay off with nothing but trouble.
- We are offered false hope that ends in dashed dreams.
- There is one offer, however, that is genuine, though fantastic beyond belief
- Ro 8:32 … how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
- So how does this begin?
- Spared not His own Son
- Spared: same word in the Septuagint (LXX) of Ge 22:12,16
- Spared: to save from loss, discomfort
And he said, "Do not stretch out your hand against the lad, and do nothing to him; for now I know that you fear God, since you have not withheld your son, your only son, from Me."
and said, "By Myself I have sworn, declares the LORD, because you have done this thing, and have not withheld
your son, your only son
- He who so freely gave the choicest, the best, the greatest, the dearest, the most precious thing that he had to give when we were yet helpless, ungodly, sinners and enemies of God
- He freely gives & freely forgives
- God sees our needs and provides for those needs
- He is known as Jehovah Jireh.
- The language of unbelief “is ’How shall He?’ The language of faith is ’How shall He not?’ (Mackintosh)
FREELY GIVE US ALL THINGS
Psalm 84:11–12 (AV)
11 For the LORD God is a sun and shield: the LORD will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.
12 O LORD of hosts, blessed is the man that trusteth in thee.
- He gives us the treasure of His Word
- He gave us His best gift – His own Son
- He blesses us with every Sp. blessings – Ep. 1:3
Seven Things Worth Knowing - Ephesians
1) 1:9 Purpose – The mystery of His will
2) 1:18 Joy – The hope of His calling
3) 1:18 Supply – The riches of His glory
4) 1:19 Enablement – The greatness of His power
5) 3:10 Satisfaction – The wisdom of God
6) 3:19 Love – The love of God in Christ
7) 4:13 Completeness – The Son of God
- Grace undeserved – To provide undeserved help to someone unworthy
- Granting forgiveness
Remember the poor European family who saved for years to buy tickets to sail to America. Once at sea, they carefully rationed the cheese and bread they had brought for the journey. After 3 days, the boy complained to his father,
“I hate cheese sandwiches. If I don’t eat anything else before we get to America, I’m going to die.”
Giving the boy his last nickel, the father told him to go to the ship’s galley and buy an ice-cream cone. When the boy returned a long time later with a wide smile, his worried dad asked,
“Where were you?”
“In the galley, eating three ice-cream cones and a steak dinner!”
“All that for a nickel?”
“Oh, no, the food is free,” the boy replied. “It comes with the ticket.”