Summary: Beginning our series titled, "Alpha and Omega", it is important to start at the beginning with God's explanation of Creation. As a Christian, we MUST be able to explain this with truth in love, using the Bible as our sole authority on this topic.
Alpha and Omega Series, Part 1
Today we begin our series titled, “Alpha and Omega”; examine beginning to end
-- Examine two critical questions: How did we get here? How does it end?
We have lots to get to today in order to set the foundation for entire series
I really want to encourage you to stick with me today … and see how good God is!
- IMPORTANT!! There IS a God! (THIS IS CRITICAL!!!)
-- Psalm 14:1, “Only fools say in their hearts, “There is no God.” They are corrupt, and their actions are evil; not one of them does good!”
-- As a building requires a builder, a creation must have a creator
-- Even the energy in the universe requires a source … it required a creator
-- There is an irrational logic trying to prove something popped up from nothing
- IMP: We have a Creator, and this study will give us all opportunity to see this!
- Thousands of years ago Job pondered these words …
-- Job 26:8-14, “He binds up the water in His thick clouds, Yet the clouds are not broken under it. He covers the face of His throne, And spreads His cloud over it. He drew a circular horizon on the face of the waters, At the boundary of light and darkness. The pillars of heaven tremble, And are astonished at His rebuke. He stirs up the sea with His power, And by His understanding He breaks up the storm. By His Spirit He adorned the heavens; His hand pierced the fleeing serpent. Indeed these are the mere edges of His ways, And how small a whisper we hear of Him! But the thunder of His power who can understand?”
Some thoughts to ponder …
- When we ponder the marvels of creation, what more would we need to hear?
-- Our sun is our closest star, but it is an average size star compared to others
- The universe holds over a trillion stars – more than we can ever comprehend
-- Now, consider the words of Psalm 147:4, “He calls the stars by name”
- The universe is so large, that it is almost incomprehensible at how large it is
-- Traveling at the speed of light, it would take 28 billion years or more to see it all
-- God asked Job a tremendous question regarding even the smallest of creation -- Job 38:22, “Hast thou entered into the treasures of the snow? Or hast thou seen the treasures of the hail …”
- So … what are the treasures of the snow and hail? They are the ice crystals!
-- Consider the beauty of what God has created by combining hydrogen and oxygen molecules. The marvel of these crystals is independent, no two are alike, just as we are to Him individual and separate; EACH of us matters to Him as individuals!
- Now, expand what it takes to have created ice crystals to what is in DNA (us)
-- A pinhead of DNA would fill a stack of books 500 times from here to the moon!
-- Jeremiah 1:5, “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you”
- When we consider the entire creation, one verse becomes very obvious and clear:
-- Psalm 33:8 says, “Let all the earth fear the Lord.”