Summary: Continuing our series titled, "Alpha and Omega", God commands the land and the seas to order (Day 3), and directs the vegetation to grow (Day 4). Evolutionists want to discredit this by adding millions of years, but God's Word is VERY clear!
Alpha and Omega Series, Part 3
Continuing our series titled, “Alpha and Omega”; literally the beginning & the end
-- Examining two critical questions: How did we get here? How does it end?
- IMPORTANT!! There IS a God! (THIS IS CRITICAL!!!)
-- Psalm 14:1, “Only fools say in their hearts, “There is no God.” They are corrupt, and their actions are evil; not one of them does good!”
-- All energy in the universe requires a source … it had to start somewhere
-- There is an irrational logic trying to prove something popped up from nothing
- So, what we find ourselves in is a situation what separates all of us
-- If you do not believe this account, you fall into one of these two categories:
1. Theistic Evolutionist: Believes that God is real, yet He used evolution to evolve all things in this world to include the creation of mankind
2. Naturalistic Evolutionist (which most non-believers are): Believes that everything evolved by accident, and that there is no God nor Creator
-- Claims to use the formula: “Nobody times Nothing equals Everything!”
- As a believer, we have to be willing to refute the commentaries of today
-- It is critical that we are able to demonstrate a clear logic in our thinking
-- IMP: Not only clear logic, but a Biblically based explanation of Creation
-- APP: It is not our place to defend God; but know/use Word to demonstrate truth
- This morning we will cover both Days 3 and 4 of Creation
- Read Genesis 1:9-19
Ω Point 1 – Day 3
- OK, let’s try to get some of the immediate issues out of the way early this morning
-- If you notice, we see that within one day (again: 24 hours) we have land & plants
-- We’ve been around long enough to know that growth like that is impossible
- CRITICAL: We certainly have not been around since the beginning of time!
-- What IS important, is that God has and scripture testifies to His ability to do all things
-- Matthew 19:26, “But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.”
- The critical personality may be ready to jump and point out that we’ve used the same book to prove what we want to prove … so there is a problem in OUR thinking – right?
-- Wrong! Scripture testifies to scripture and it is where our faith is founded!
-- APP: A Christian MUST use scripture to validate scripture; it is our foundation!
- Just because a scientist who went to school for 100 years says so, doesn’t make it fact
-- IMP: Let’s remember who gave that scientist the brain in his head in the first place!
- (v9) God speaks, and it happens! “Gathering” word used in Hebrew is “sunagogen”
-- This is the same place where we get the word synagogue (place of gathering)
- God speaks this existence and it becomes permanent in its location
-- How do we know it’s permanent? The words used: “It is so”
- So what we see is a world covered by water (v1), and when He speaks dry land rises