Summary: Gen 1:26 is the study of God's creation of man - but His plan for us didn't and doesn't end there! Celebrating the creation of man as seen through the eyes of a Savior makes Christmastime especially important.
Alpha and Omega Series, Part 5
Continuing our series titled, “Alpha and Omega”; literally the beginning & the end
-- Examining two critical questions: How did we get here? How does it end?
- IMPORTANT!! There IS a God! (THIS IS CRITICAL!!!)
-- Psalm 14:1, “Only fools say in their hearts, “There is no God.” They are corrupt, and their actions are evil; not one of them does good!”
-- All energy in the universe requires a source … it had to start somewhere
-- There is an irrational logic trying to prove something popped up from nothing
- So, what we find ourselves in is a situation what separates all of us
-- If you do not believe this account, you fall into one of these two categories:
1. Theistic Evolutionist: Believes that God is real, yet He used evolution to evolve all things in this world to include the creation of mankind
2. Naturalistic Evolutionist (which most non-believers are): Believes that everything evolved by accident, and that there is no God nor Creator
-- Claims to use the formula: “Nobody times Nothing equals Everything!”
- As a believer, we have to be willing to refute the commentaries of today
-- It is critical that we are able to demonstrate a clear logic in our thinking
-- IMP: Not only clear logic, but a Biblically based explanation of Creation
-- APP: It is not our place to defend God; but know/use Word to demonstrate truth
- IMP: There is NOTHING that supports something evolved from anything
-- We also saw that creatures on this Earth MUST produce their own kind
-- This is a fact of science: which biologist confirm and geneticists stand on!!!
- Very important to grasp here is the order of things that have been created
-- We’ve seen: Earth, the atmosphere, the land and seas, the plants and vegetation
-- Then we had the creatures in the sea and the animals on the land
-- And now, we get to the crown of God’s creation … the prize of His heart
- I realize this is Christmas week, and this is an UNUSUAL message for this time
-- Most preaching from the Gospel of Luke today, and they should (as God leads)
-- God placed this on my heart so we might begin to grasp the WHY we’re created
- Read Genesis 1:26 / Pray
Ω Point 1 – God’s Sovereignty
- One thing that we see which becomes VERY evident:
-- GOD SAID … there is no discussion, when He speaks there is instant action
- This action causes creation to begin instantly; no delay; no pause; no meetings
-- APP: From this, we can def. agree that when God speaks – action is demanded
- Throughout this series we have seen where God commands, and the Earth obeys
- But here, at the crowning of God’s creation … something amazing happens
- God creates what He deems “in His own image”; unlike anything else seen
- The Earth was created to reveal how majestic God is in His craftsmanship
- The sky (heaven) was put into place for the purpose of protecting the Earth
- The land was ordered into place for God’s purpose for creation to live on
- The sun and stars and even the moon (celestials) were put into place for light
- The seas were ordered into place for God to create life in them in swarms
- But all of this comes down to one purpose: God created these for His purpose
-- Psalm 115:3, “Our God is in the heavens; he does all that he pleases.”
- To be honest, most spend more time trying to avoid what God says in their lives
-- It is our rebellion to any authority that drives our current placement in life
- On a larger scale, the creation is in complete rebellion to God and He is sovereign
-- Could we affect God’s response to how He looks at you and me and our lives?
-- Absolutely!! We can’t make Him love us more/less; but He can draw us closer
Ω - We can examine genetic makeup of a human & marvel at God’s handiwork
-- To honestly believe that we are accidental formations is just nonsense
-- Even science supports that we are individually made … examine DNA!
-- 206 bones in skeletal system, 700 muscles in muscular system, cardiovascular system, digestive system, endocrine system, nervous system, respiratory system, immune/lymphatic system, urinary system, reproductive system, and the integumentary system
-- 5 billion to 200 million trillion cells in body … DNA found in every cell of a human body would stretch from the earth to the sun … 100 times!
- IMP: And all of this happened by the spoken word of God … WOW!!!!!!