Summary: Concluding our Creation study, we see God's finest masterpiece in its completed form and the Bible tells us "He rested". Why? This message examines this rest and draws to a close God's perfect work.
Alpha and Omega Series, Part 6
Genesis 1:27 – Gen 2:3
Continuing our series titled, “Alpha and Omega”; literally the beginning & the end
-- Examining two critical questions: How did we get here? How does it end?
- IMPORTANT!! There IS a God! (THIS IS CRITICAL!!!)
-- Psalm 14:1, “Only fools say in their hearts, “There is no God.” They are corrupt, and their actions are evil; not one of them does good!”
-- All energy in the universe requires a source … it had to start somewhere
-- There is an irrational logic trying to prove something popped up from nothing
- So, what we find ourselves in is a situation what separates all of us
-- If you do not believe this account, you fall into one of these two categories:
1. Theistic Evolutionist: Believes that God is real, yet He used evolution to evolve all things in this world to include the creation of mankind
2. Naturalistic Evolutionist (which most non-believers are): Believes that everything evolved by accident, and that there is no God nor Creator
-- Claims to use the formula: “Nobody times Nothing equals Everything!”
- It is critical that we demonstrate a Biblically based explanation of Creation
-- APP: It is not our place to defend God; but know/use Word to demonstrate truth
- IMP: There is NOTHING biblically supports something evolved from anything
-- We also saw that creatures on this Earth MUST produce their own kind
-- This is a fact of science: which biologist confirm and geneticists stand on!!!
- What we have seen to date is that God has created:
1. The Earth
2. The skies above (including the atmosphere)
3. The land and the seas
4. The vegetation that we see around us
5. The lights in the sky (to include the sun and the stars)
6. The fish in the sea and the birds in the sky
7. The creation of the animals which inhabit this world
8. Last week we saw the creation of man in God’s own image and His purpose
- Read Genesis 1:27 – Gen 2:3 / Pray
Ω Point 1 – Dominion given to Man (Gen 1:27-31)
- First we see God’s decision to create; and then it was done by His word
- However, what God has created is not something that looks just like Him
- What has been created is something that contains the attributes God has
- Man is a person; animals are not people; which strengthens “non-evolution”
-- What man has that animals do not is consciousness; awareness; ability to reason
-- Animals realize their environment; but for them it is an instinctive realization
-- Mankind however not only realizes the creation, but we interact with it
-- IMP: We can appreciate beauty; think about issues; to choose right/wrong; etc.
- Analogy: We would not chew our shoes due to consequences; puppies would
- Mankind created in God’s image; we have the ability to show emotion to others
-- HUGE example of God reacting to us: Romans 5:8 says, “But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”
- In the same manner we were created to react to God; to worship and adore Him
-- It separates us from Fido and Fluffy; and what we must grasp in these verses
- God then gives us a blessing in how we should live (v28)
-- It is critical to comprehend this: be fruitful and multiply (make more of)
-- Remember: reproduce according to its own kind … non-evolution
- Rev John MacArthur said, “We have a cursed earth to deal with and it's not easy. But like Adam after he sinned, we need to work at it a little to the point where we sweat in order that God's creative beauty might be on display. We're still stewards of His creation. …. While I'm here I want God to be able to be on display.”
- God has graciously given us everything on this Earth to be stewards of; will we?
Challenge for us today:
- Will we act in a way that reflects everything that God has presented to us?
-- 1 Corinthians 10:31 says, “So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.”
-- Paul is not telling us how to eat a hamburger or how to drink a cup of coffee
-- He is not directing us to anything but to interact w/ God in everything we do!
-- Will we allow God to be reflected in everything that we do?
- (v31) When God has finished; He said that is was VERY good (perfection)
-- All other things were “good”; finished product is “very good’