Summary: America has followed the ancient Israelites in their quest to live without God - and just like those ancient Israelites, we shall also pay the price for our sin, unless we take the one and only way out ....
OUR NATION HAS A HISTORY -
· It is an accumulation
· of all our yesterdays -
· and our yesterdays have brought us
· to where we are today
BUT AMERICA IS NOW FACING MANY PROBLEMS -
· And what our tomorrows bring
· Will depend on how
· We handle our problems today
THE BIGGEST THREAT WE FACE TODAY
· is something called, ‘Political Correctness.’
· That is when we try so hard
· To be nice to other people,
· We end up keeping the truth from them
AND WHEN WE DON’T TELL THE TRUTH,
· There is only one thing left
· And that would be a lie.
I READ A REPORT THAT SAYS
· Sweden has outlawed
· Men from publically showing
· Grunts of satisfaction
· When their team wins
· They say these type of men
· Will easily go from that,
· To beating their wives
ANOTHER NEWS STORY SAID
· a school in America has outlawed all touching
· no hi-fives - no handshakes -
· all so people will be safe from each other !
· How can a football team play without hi-fives ?
THERE ARE THESE THINGS AND MORE
· In reality - political correctness
· is nothing but a cheap substitute for common sense
· And a way to forego any personal responsibility !
AN OLD FARMER CAME INTO TOWN ONCE-A-MONTH
· He would drive around for hours
· Looking for a parking place
· Where money was already in the meter
WHEN HE FOUND ONE
· He would quickly park,
· Take care of his business,
· And then drive away before it expired
HE DID NOTHING
· to earn the space he was parking in.
· In essence, he was only willing
· To park on someone else’s dime !
AND THAT IS WHAT MANY AMERICANS
· Are doing today –
· We have done nothing ourselves
· To earn the freedoms we enjoy –
THEY WERE ALL EARNED
· By those who lived before us.
· But we aren’t adverse to taking
· Full advantage of them, are we ?
NOW THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT
· But we still have a responsibility
· To do what we can
· to keep those freedoms for our kids
BUT SOMETIMES, WE DON’T DO ANYTHING
· Most Americans are more worried
· Where their next Latte is coming from
· Than they are about how to keep their freedoms
NEXT SATURDAY -
· We celebrate our Independence Day.
· A day that should make us
· Stand tall and proud ….
BUT FOR MOST AMERICANS
· It will only mean
· a day off of work
· or barbeques in backyards
WE NEED TO ONCE AGAIN
· Feel the pride of America -
· And realize how much we have been blessed -
· More than any other nation in history
DURING THE LAST 300 YEARS
· We have become the world’s
· greatest economic - political - and military power
AND WE HAVE DONE SOMETHING ELSE
· Something you never hear about
· We have sent more missionaries into the world
· Than any other nation ever has
WE HAVE BEEN BLESSED
· Because of what prior generations have done for us
· Will future generations be blessed
· Because of what we are doing for them ?
EXODUS 20:5-6 we read where
· God will punish the children
· Up to 4 generations for their father’s sins
BUT GOD WILL ALSO
· bless 1,000 generations
· who love Him
WHAT ARE WE DOING TODAY
· For our future generations ?
· Are we living a Godly & righteous life ?
ANOTHER WORD FOR ‘RIGHTEOUS’ IS ‘RIGHTNESS.’
· we must realize - true ‘rightness’
· can only be found in the Lord.
A NATION’S GREATNESS IS NOT BASED ON
· its numbers - military - or politics
IT IS NOT MEASURED ON
· Her progress or wealth
A NATIONS’S GREATNESS
· Is only determined
· By how much that nation
· Depends on God to be their leader
PSALM 33:12 says
’Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord, for these are the people He chose for His inheritance.’
IT IS NO COINCIDENCE
· That we have been abundantly blessed
· All because our forefathers
· Put God over this nation
1. AMERICA WAS FOUNDED AS A CHRISTIAN NATION
IT ALL STARTED ONE CHILLY DAY IN 1607
· three boats were seen on the horizon
· barely larger than today’s cabin cruisers up at any lake
· these boats slowly emerged from the cold fog
AND WHEN THEY REACHED LAND
· 120 very tired Englishmen came ashore.
· For the first time in months,
· They were able to walk around uncramped