Summary: The Rich Man And Lazarus

An Appointment with Fate

I love the verse in Psalms Chapter 122 vs. 1 which says “I was glad when they

said unto me; let us go into the House of the Lord.” Isn’t it wonderful to be in

the House of God this morning where there is always a welcome sign above the door?

I remember during my childhood my mother and father would take me to

church and we would sing songs of Zion that would just thrill your soul; “Oh I

want to see Him look upon His face, there to sing forever of His saving grace.”

When we all get to Heaven what a day of rejoicing that will be, when we all see

Jesus we’ll sing and shout the victory. What a glorious time of singing.

And I remember our pastor preaching messages that would make you hunger

and thirst to know more about Jesus Christ. I thank God for the souls that were

saved, but even though hundreds of souls are saved every year for Christ, there

are still countless numbers of souls that are going to be ushered into eternity

without hope, without a savior, and without hope of eternal life.

The Bible says in Hebrews 9:27: “It is appointed unto men once to die and after

this the judgment.” We all have an appointment with death, and how we have

lived our lives will determine the destiny of our souls.

The 1950’s were said to be a time of leisure, a time when there seemed to be

plenty of everything, and to some people plenty of time. But in 2005 some 55

years later, time has erased in people’s minds their need for God.

Before 911, the American public rested comfortably in a cocoon of peace, but

when disaster struck on September 11th America dropped to her knees asking

God for help. Why were they not praying for America before? A recent poll

said that 83% of the American people believe in God. That leaves 17% that

doesn’t believe in Heaven or Hell or just doesn’t believe in anything. May I say

to you today that we are not living in the last days or the last hour, but we are

living in the last moments before the tribulation. The stage is set, the curtain is

being drawn and the final act is finished. All prophesy has been fulfilled. The

Archangel is poised with the trumpet of God awaiting the signal from God the

Father for Jesus to come and take His children home. When that trumpet

sounds the Bible says all the dead in Christ will rise first then we which are

alive and remain will be caught up to meet Him in the air and so shall we ever

be with the Lord. When the trumpet sounds millions of Christians will in a

moment be missing from this earth. Children will be taken from their parents

and babies snatched from the womb. There will be mass confusion as you have

never seen before and for that 17% that does not believe in anything the Bible

says in Philippians chapter 2 verses nine through 11 that every knee shall bow

of those in heaven and on the earth and under the earth and every tongue shall

confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, including Satan himself.

I have been watching the Christian channels and even on the radio it talks

about the new European Union that has been formed that the Bible speaks of. It

has completely taken God out of its constitution and bi-laws. One day I look for

“One Nation under God” to be removed from our pledge of allegiance and “In

God We Trust” to be removed from our currency. The Ten Commandments

are being viewed as guidelines on how we may choose to live instead of the Law

of God on how we will live. The sanctity of marriage is being challenged by

homosexual marriage, our halls of justice are corrupt and our government of

the people, for the people, and by the people is no more than a lie because the

voice of the people in this country is not heard but overlooked.

We are living in a world so pre-occupied, and so hurried that God has been

traded for survival and paying bills, but I tell you this morning that there is

coming a day of reckoning, a day of judgment when we will all stand before the

living God and give account for all that we have done, and all these will be

weighed in the balances and found wanting. I wonder this morning which side

of the scales you will be found. What will the outcome for you be? You have a

choice this morning. You can leave this place a new person, saved by the grace

Copy Sermon to Clipboard with PRO Download Sermon with PRO
Talk about it...

Nobody has commented yet. Be the first!

Join the discussion