Summary: This passage gives us fascinating insights into God's blessing of the Israeli people during the Millennium.
AN IMPORTANT REMINDER IN THE CHURCH AGE: God is not done with Israel yet.
WHAT IT WILL LOOK LIKE:
1. God’s presence will dwell in Jerusalem.
- Zechariah 8:3a.
2. The Jews will worship and live in truth and holiness.
- Zechariah 8:3b.
3. The world will have peace and prosperity.
- Zechariah 8:4-5, 12-15.
4. The Jewish people will be revered.
5. There will be a return of the Jews to Israel.
GOD'S CALL TO ISRAEL: Be strong, do right.
- Zechariah 8:9, 13b, 16-17, 19b.
ALL THIS SOUNDS IMPOSSIBLE: There is nothing too hard for the hand of God.
- Zechariah 8:2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 9, 14, 18-19a, 20, 23.
- Multiple “This is what the Lord Almighty says” plus vv. 18-19a. There is a “This is . . .” in v. 19 too.