Summary: A simple and very open outline that will encourage and strengthen your congregations hope and faith in Jesus.
A.N.C.H.O.R.E.D. IN JESUS
Heb 6:19 Which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and stedfast, and which entereth into that within the veil;
We live in a time that Paul in 2 Tim. 3:1 described as being dangerous saying, "In the last days perilous times shall come".
We live in an hour in which people are "calling evil good and good evil".
We live in a day in which Jesus said... Mat 24:12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
We are living in a world where "the spirit of antichrist is already at work".
The past appears to have been the best. The present does not look good and the future looks even worse. Jesus said...
Luk 21:25 And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;
Luk 21:26 Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.
Today's message is one to encourage you, give you hope and strengthen your faith in Jesus. It is a "Good News" message in a "Bad News" world.
A- is for the ASSURANCE we have in Jesus.
1. Assurance: a positive declaration intended to give confidence; a promise.
2. Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine.
3. I am saved and I know that I am.
4. As many as would call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
N- is for His NEVER ENDING mercy.
1. His mercies are new every day.
2. Mercy: not receiving what you disserve.
3. Before salvation man is the enemy of God, full of wickedness. We disserved to die.
4. Jesus died for us!
C- is for the COMFORT we have in Jesus.
1. God is the God of all comfort and we have been comforted by him.
2. Jesus said, “I will not leave you comfortless”.
3. “I will send you another Comforter.
4. The Comforter has come. He is the Holy Ghost!
5. The Church is to be full of joy and peace in the Holy Ghost.
H- is for the HELP we have in Jesus.
1. David said, “I will lift up my eyes unto the hills. Where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the maker of heaven and earth.
2. The hills testify of God.
3. Our help comes from God.
4. There is a hill I look to by faith, Mount Calvary.
5. It is there, where I find the Lord to help me.
6. Our God is a very present help in trouble.
7. We can come boldly before the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.
O- is for the promise He gives us to OVERCOME.
1. Jesus has overcome the world.
2. They that are born of God overcome the world.
3. Thanks be unto God who always causes us to triumph.
4. We are more than conquerors by Christ Jesus.
R- is for His RETURN.
1. “The Son of man will come in a hour that you think not”.
2. Let us live ready for his return.
E- is for His EVERLASTING love.
1. “What shall separate us from the love of God?”
2. “Give thanks to the LORD our God and king, his love endures forever.”
D- is for our DESTINATION.
1. Heaven is straight ahead!
2. GPS (God’s Positioning System)
3. There is an anchor on the shore of heaven.