Summary: What happens after you become a Christian? How can you grow beyond the enemies attacks? Let’s take a look.
Scripture: Isaiah 51:1
Title: “AND NOW THE REST OF THE STORY”
Introduction: Paul Harvey made this statement famous. It would be hard to hear these words spoken without thinking about Paul Harvey. It would also be difficult to not EXPECT to hear something worth hearing after he said those words.
Everything Paul Harvey recommended was something he believed in and most of the time it was fairly expensive!
>> Becoming a Christian is, without a doubt, the GREATEST thing that can ever happen to a human being!
BUT – “What about the Rest Of The Story?” – What happens after you become a Christian?
SOME TOUGH QUESTIONS!
· When was the last time someone was saved here?
· Do you remember who it was? (Do we keep any records of these People?)
· What have we done to get that person started in their walk with the Lord? (Have we done anything?)
· Who takes care of this area of need?
· Do we have any kind of a plan in place to develop a new convert?
· What do we believe should be done to develop a new convert?
· Do you think anything should be done to help a new believer to grow in their experience as a Christian?
· Who is supposed to take care of this area of need?
· These questions bring about some very sobering realities
>> It’s very easy to fall into a routine of just coming to church and going through the motions and going back to our respectful places of abode.
· It’s not altogether the fault of the individual church attender.
· How often is there a Clear Challenge presented to you?
· And then, how often is there a Clear Plan presented to get the job done?
· Who would be the first to get in line? (There will be a line!)
· To His Disciples Jesus said, “Go and Make disciples of all the nations.”
· This is the “ONE” command in the Great Commission!
· The FIRST STEP to becoming a ‘disciple’ is ACCEPTING JESUS!
· A ‘disciple’ is a: Believer / Follower / Learner / Imitator.
· It is the responsibility of the ‘disciple’ to make other “Disciples” and this is done by getting people to become ‘BELIEVERS’ in and of Jesus!
· And this is accomplished by; “TEACHING THEM to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.”
AN ONGOING THREAT! (Page 2)
· I believe anyone who is a ‘basic’ student of the Bible would agree that we are living in the ‘Last Days’ because of the TIMES, SCRIPTURE, etc.
· When it comes to ‘surviving’ the attacks of the enemy we are no match without the “Power Of God” being in our life!
· Here’s why: “This evil man will come to do the work of Satan with counterfeit power and signs and miracles.” 2 Thes. 2:9 NLT
· The wicked ruler (Satan’s Handyman) – “He will use every kind of wicked deception to fool those who are on their way to destruction because they refuse to believe the truth that would save them.” 2 Thes. 2:10 NLT
· That spirit of Antichrist was already at work during the time of John, (1 John 4:3)
THE EQUIPMENT TO GET THE JOB DONE! (‘I’ am with you to the End!)
(Let’s look at some of the Last Things Jesus said before He went back to Heaven)