Summary: Twelve Biblical Facts about Angels that help us to be more aware of the unseen spirit world around us, and the even greater power of the ONE who created them! Link included to formatted text, handout, and PowerPoint Presentation.
Angels Among Us
4 reasons why the world is enamored with angels:
• Spirit of hopelessness—people are looking for answers and for something to fill their empty spirit.
• Spirit of selfishness—Christians are called to be servants, but our society would rather be served than to serve. Angels are ministering spirits / servants, and people want to know what the angels can do for them.
• Spirit of the New Age—our society is being conditioned for the end times. The world will accept the supernatural during the tribulation. The antichrist gains power on a platform of signs and wonders.
• Spirit of curiosity—we’re all curious about the unknown.
Questions people have about angels:
What do angels look like? Are they female? Do we have guardian angels? How many angels are there? What is an archangel? Is it possible to see an angel? Do I pray to angels? What about demons, are they real? How are they different? Will I someday be an angel?
As believers we have good reason to learn more on this subject…not for the sensational, but because there is an unseen world war going on all around us, and we’re in the middle of it!
Angels are mentioned over 250 times in scripture.
1. The word “angel” literally means messenger
2. Angels are created spirit beings
3. Angels are not eternal beings
4. Angels are NOT glorified human beings
5. Angels are invisible spirit beings
6. Angels are innumerable in number
But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,
And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands;
[that’s at least 100 million plus…]
And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying,
One angel was sent to deliver the message of the birth of Christ…only that 1 was absolutely necessary, but then a multitude join in just to praise God and to be there for the big announcement!
Ill.—our wed. nite service was that way as many of you started chiming in, excited about the subject matter I guess! There was only one of us that HAD to speak [and he’s no angel!], but the people of God get excited and they cannot contain it.
How many of you were raised in a more formal setting? I’ve been to some places where their motto is: if you MUST talk, then whisper, and if you whisper—whisper a prayer. I for one and glad that at our church when we get excited we’re allowed to let it out, like the angels of heaven did on that hillside that night!
Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.  Thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my Father, and he shall presently give me more than twelve legions of angels?
A Roman legion could be up to 6,000, which would be 72,000 angels coming to the rescue.