Summary: The anointing of God will make a man to operate beyond natural level and to do supernatural things. For any one to progress in life and ministry, he or she needs the flow of fresh anointing of the Holy Spirit.
ANOINTING FOR THE NEXT LEVEL
Study Text: I John 2:27
- According to the word of God, every born-again, Spirit-filled child if God has the anointing in His life. But every child of God is responsible for keeping and increasing the level of anointing. That is why some walk in a greater anointing than others within himself.
- One of the wonders of anointing is that it can make a man do supernatural things. In 1Sam 17:34-37, David destroyed a lion who tried to attack him and that is a wonder.
- Anointing enables you to fulfil God’s purpose for your life. According to John 15:16, one main purpose of the anointing is to win souls.
- In Acts 1:8, the bible says”But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.”
- After you receive the Holy Spirit, the anointing comes upon you, you receive the power to be an effective soul winner and also fulfil other purpose in life.
- Another wonderful thing about the anointing is that it does not discriminate. Whether male or female, poor or rich, young or old, the anointing of God can come upon you. Joel 2:28-30.
- We shall discuss under four sub-headings:
1. Receiving The Anointing
2. Releasing The Anointing
3. Resisting The Anointing
4. Responding to The Anointing
1. Receiving The Anointing:
- Anointing can manifest as wine, we get that through the Holy Communion.
- Anointing can manifest as oil, we get that through the anointing oil. Psalm 23:5 says ”Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over”.
- The Holy Communion is also called the Lord’s Table, when you drink the wine from the Lord’s table during holy communion, you are taking in the anointing.
- When your head is anointed with anointing oil, you have joy within combined with the fire of anointing outward and your cup will begin to run over.
- When you are filled with the Holy Spirit and the baptism of the Holy Spirit comes upon you, you receive the anoiting.
- Hebrews 1:9 says “Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows” When you love righteous and hate sin, you will be filled with anointing.
2. Releasing The Anointing:
And when the man went out to the east with the line in his hand, he measured one thousand cubits, and he brought me through the waters, the water came up to my ankles.
Again he measured one thousand and brought me through the waters, the water came up to my knees. Again he measured one thousand and brought me through, the water came up to my waist.
Again he measured one thousand and it was a river that I could not cross for the water was too deep, water in which one must swim, a river that could not be crossed.
- There are levels or degrees of the anointing. Some walk at the ankle level. Some at the knee level. Some at the waist level, and some swim in the deep.