Summary: Likewise as Enoch walked with God and was raptured;so will the church be . Are You Ready?
1Thess. 4:13-18, Genesis 5:22-24
Introduction: Enoch walked with God and was RAPTURED!
His Triumph- He had a personal Relationship - Gen 5:22-24
His Testimony-He had lived with personal Responsibility-Heb 11:5, Jude 14-15
His Translation-He was unashamed at His Rapture-Gen 5:24, Heb 11:5, John 5:24
I. The Definition - What is the Rapture? Caught away - harpazo - to snatch away
A. A Removal
B. A Reunion
1. Those that have Died - Those that have gone before us that are saved.
2. The Deliverer - even greater! THE LORD HIMSELF!
II. The Day - When will it happen?
A. Unexpectedly Mt 25:13
III. The Delivered - Who is it for?
A. The Saved - Only those that have trusted Christ as their Savior, 1Th 5:9- 11
B. The Savior - Eph 3:21
IV. The Doomed - What happens to the World?
A. The Lost will be left behind
B. The Rejecters will be Doomed - 2 Thes 2:10
C. The False will continue - False churches, preachers, those that claim to be
saved but are not, will continue as usual.
D. The World will have answers and most will believe - strong delusion
E. A False God will become the Leader of the World
F. A Remnant of Jews will rise to preach the Gospel - Rev.
G. The World as we know will be destroyed
Conclusion: Are we Ready to Leave if Jesus comes today?
Will you be left behind?
• No warning, no sign is needed - Jesus could come at any moment.
• The false teachers and our own apathy have caused us to not believe, but Jesus WILL come just as sure as He came the first time. Literally.
• Right now Satan is restrained - but after the church is removed - literally, hell will break forth on this earth and all that are left behind.
• This is not just a story from some fiction books. The Bible says this will happen, and could be today. Are you ready?
Disclaimer: A man once told me that if it is true, it is not new. If it is new, it is not true. We all know there is nothing new under the sun. With that said, I glean ideas for my sermons from God’s Word, my own thoughts and work, and many other sources. Any similarity to my sermons and others, where credit is not given, is either coincidental, or an unintentional mistake on my part. As none of us have a corner on the wisdom and teaching of God’s Word, it is my desire that any of my outlines be an encouragement, a help, and hopefully a motivation for others to preach God’s Word clearly. Please feel free to use any portion of my sermons if they can be of help to you and your ministry. I purposely include a skeleton outline, and not my full text, for this purpose. It is all for His Glory.