Summary: When we least expect it, Jesus will come. Are you ready?
Introduction: When we least expect it, Jesus will come.
Different views on the Rapture
1. Partial Church Rapture
2. Mid tribulation (Mid Trib) 3. Prewrath
4. Post Tribulation (Post Trib)
I believe in a Pre-millennial - Pre-tribulation Rapture of the Bride of Christ.
It is the EVACUATION of God’s people before He pours out His wrath.
If the Church and Israel are separate, no other thing makes sense.
Now let’s look at another aspect - The First Resurrection (5 resurrections, 3 raptures - bear with me as I give you my ponderings) Just studying - 3 is an important number. Can I speculate with you a minute. Rev 20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
1. The Resurrection of Jesus - First fruits of the First Resurrection
The time of the first Resurrection begins (as the second coming, this is 1 event)
2. Rapture 1 - The Church is the Bride of Christ - Raptured before the Tribulation.
3. Rapture 2 - The Two Witnesses are a Picture of the Work of the Holy Spirit, declaring truth.
They are Raptured in Rev. 11:12
4. Rapture 3 - Israel is the Bride of the Father of the Old Testament - They are restored to the Father during the Tribulation, and the 144,000 of Rev 6 and all Tribulation saints are with Jesus on Mt. Zion in Rev. 14. So they have been Raptured before the final wrath - that is Mt. 24:31, Mr. 13:27 - in Rev. 14:20
Each time, God removes His people before pouring out His wrath. This is where the Prewrath belief is founded - again, they do not separate Israel from the church.
5. Then in Rev. 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.- All those Martyred in the Tribulation are Raised - End of the 1st resurrection.
Starts with Jesus, ends before the Millennial reign.
Rev 20:5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. 6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
I. What is the Rapture? (Part 1)
II. When will it happen?
A. Church – Rev. 1-3
B. Heaven - Rev. 4-5
D. All Mankind - Rev. 19-22
III. Who is it for? 1Th 5:9-10, Rev. 3:10
IV. What happens to the World?
A. The Lost will be left behind
B. The Rejecters will be Doomed
C. The False will continue as usual
D. The World will have answers and most will believe - strong delusion
E. A False God will become the Leader of the World
F. A Remnant of Jews will rise to preach the Gospel - Rev.