Summary: When we least expect it, Jesus will come. Are you ready?
Introduction: When we least expect it, Jesus will come.
Different views on the Rapture
1. Partial Church Rapture
2. Mid tribulation (Mid Trib) 3. Prewrath
4. Post Tribulation (Post Trib)
I believe in a Pre-millennial - Pre-tribulation Rapture of the Bride of Christ.
It is the EVACUATION of God’s people before He pours out His wrath.
If the Church and Israel are separate, no other thing makes sense.
Now let’s look at another aspect - The First Resurrection (5 resurrections, 3 raptures - bear with me as I give you my ponderings) Just studying - 3 is an important number. Can I speculate with you a minute. Rev 20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
1. The Resurrection of Jesus - First fruits of the First Resurrection
The time of the first Resurrection begins (as the second coming, this is 1 event)
2. Rapture 1 - The Church is the Bride of Christ - Raptured before the Tribulation.
3. Rapture 2 - The Two Witnesses are a Picture of the Work of the Holy Spirit, declaring truth.
They are Raptured in Rev. 11:12
4. Rapture 3 - Israel is the Bride of the Father of the Old Testament - They are restored to the Father during the Tribulation, and the 144,000 of Rev 6 and all Tribulation saints are with Jesus on Mt. Zion in Rev. 14. So they have been Raptured before the final wrath - that is Mt. 24:31, Mr. 13:27 - in Rev. 14:20
Each time, God removes His people before pouring out His wrath. This is where the Prewrath belief is founded - again, they do not separate Israel from the church.
5. Then in Rev. 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.- All those Martyred in the Tribulation are Raised - End of the 1st resurrection.
Starts with Jesus, ends before the Millennial reign.
Rev 20:5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. 6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
I. What is the Rapture? (Part 1)
II. When will it happen?
A. Church – Rev. 1-3
B. Heaven - Rev. 4-5
D. All Mankind - Rev. 19-22
III. Who is it for? 1Th 5:9-10, Rev. 3:10
IV. What happens to the World?
A. The Lost will be left behind
B. The Rejecters will be Doomed
C. The False will continue as usual
D. The World will have answers and most will believe - strong delusion
E. A False God will become the Leader of the World
F. A Remnant of Jews will rise to preach the Gospel - Rev.
G. The World as we know it will be destroyed. OVER 4 BILLION DEAD
V. What is the Church to do now?
A. BE READY! Phil. 4:5, 1Th 5:2-4, Heb 10:37, James 5:8-9, 1Pe 4:7, 1 John.2:28, Re 22:20, 2Pe 3:14
1. Will we be Found Secure in our Conversion - Found of Him
2. Will we be Found Clear in our Conscience - In Peace
3. Will we be Found Without spot in our Consecration
4. Will we be Found Blameless in Character - Blameless
c. Well doing
B. Be Real
1. Love one another, 1 Th 4:18
2. Live as we should, 1Co 15:58
c. Abounding in the work – labor
Are we ready to live - Are we ready to leave?
Disclaimer: A man once told me that if it is true, it is not new. If it is new, it is not true. We all know there is nothing new under the sun. With that said, I glean ideas for my sermons from God’s Word, my own thoughts and work, and many other sources. Any similarity to my sermons and others, where credit is not given, is either coincidental, or an unintentional mistake on my part. As none of us have a corner on the wisdom and teaching of God’s Word, it is my desire that any of my outlines be an encouragement, a help, and hopefully a motivation for others to preach God’s Word clearly. Please feel free to use any portion of my sermons if they can be of help to you and your ministry. I purposely include a skeleton outline, and not my full text, for this purpose. It is all for His Glory.