Summary: To get us thinking about what it means to be a real Christian
Are you a REAL Christian?
Title: Are you a REAL Christian? Part 2
Lesson Aim: To get us thinking about what it means to be a REAL Christian
1. Jesus asked a sobering question?
"…When the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?"
2. Last week we talked that our form of Christianity in America has lost is edge.
a. It has a form but little godliness
b. It has elements of Christianity but no cross
3. If your Christian life is a drudgery, it is time to head back to Calvary
….for the way of the cross leads home again
A. What does it mean to be a REAL Christian?
1. Have you come to realize that you were a sinner?
a. Boy that’s a real downer. There they go talking about sin again.
There isn’t any salvation without realizing you have been a sinner
b. "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;" (Romans 3:23, KJV)
Dramatize “short” by holding one hand below the other.
c. Sinful woman washing Jesus feet a beautiful example of someone knowing they were a sinner.
2. Have you confessed and forsaken your sins?
a. "He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy." Proverbs 28:13)
b. Too many are trying to use grace for a covering but you don’t need a covering, you need a removal of your sins
c. Expound on the story of Achan’s sin in taking the accursed thing in Joshua 7.
Put on music CD
1. How is it with you, this morning? Are you a real Christian
or is there sin hidden deep in your life?
Have you taken of the accursed thing…
Whether it is…
2. Are you a REAL follower of the Lord Jesus?
a. If Jesus was standing here, would you be able to look at him?
Michangelo could not finish painting the face of Jesus till he went and made things right with the helper he had wronged.
3. "He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy." Proverbs 28:13)