Summary: A look at Micah’s guidance of how a believer should behave/act.
Are you imitating?
Ever ask God how to act during a certain situation? How would we be different?
- Consider the justice God has for you and I
- Thankfully we are not judged as we deserve
-- Romans 6:23 – Wages of sin is death; we owe a debt of sin for everything we do
-- Romans 6:14 – We are not under Law, but under Grace thanks to Christ
- We are called to be faithful, to imitate Christ, to live our lives for Him in service
- God is faithful; just and upright; as we are to be
- We are to never compromise the Word; but live justly and upright with one another
- We all love mercy; mercy is gateway to Christ through His forgiveness
-- Mercy and Grace are not a license to sin; but a lining up with God’s desire
- Where would you be without mercy? Where can we show mercy to others?
-- Evangelism! VBS, Backpacks, Outreach, Delivery of the Gospel
- Without mercy we would be nothing
- Without God showing us continued mercy we would have no hope of a future
- Do you need God’s mercy today? Do you need to show God’s mercy?
- Example: Standing in line at Walmart, waiting on self checkout; are you merciful to the person in front of you who might be taking forever? Or, are you bringing the daggers?
- Humbleness is the opposite of pride; Pride is what gets us into trouble with God
- When we get honest before God, we begin to get humble; see ourselves for who we are
- Phil 2:8 – Jesus humbled Himself to death on a cross
-- Gave His life as a ransom
-- Our payment back at the least ought to be through our service and example
- To walk humbly is to reflect Christ to others; to show humbleness as well as be it
- To imitate Jesus we have to first have Him in our hearts and controlling our lives
- We cannot act justly, love mercy, and walk humbly unless He resides in our hearts
- Do you need Him today? Do you need to be given these three things first?
-God is not asking us to give up our lives for anyone; so why don’t we live this way
-Very simple verse; lots of biblical application for the believer
- Invitation to have these life characteristics placed within you, from the Lord!