Summary: This is a sermon on hinderances to our prayers being heard and answered.
Are you listening God? –
Hindrances to our prayers being heard and answered
Five things to check when you think God isn’t listening.
1. Are your motives right? James 4:3
2. Is there unconfessed sin in your life? Isaiah 59:1-2
It is strange that while praying, we seldom ask for a change of character, but always a change of circumstances. —Anonymous
3. Are there any idols in your heart? Ezekiel 14:3
4. Have you forgiven everyone who has sinned against you? Mark 11:25-26
We never can long continue to dislike people for whom we pray.
—H. L. Sidney Lear
5. Do you believe God will do what He has said? James 1:5-7