Summary: God has given Christians four principle weapons, these weapons make us dangerous to the devil, and it's urgent that we begin using our weapons.
ARMED & DANGEROUS
2 Cor. 10:4
A. HUMOR: DIVORCE BECAUSE 2-STORY HOUSE
1. Vicky asked for a divorce and appeared before the judge. The judge asked, "So tell me in your own words, Mrs. Franks, why are you seeking a divorce?"
2. "I'm seeking a divorce, your Honor, because I feel I can no longer live in a 2-story house," replied Vicky.
3. The judge frowned and said, "I've never heard such a ridiculous reason given before in this court. Do you intend to waste this Court's time? What do you mean ‘a 2-story house?’”
4. "Let me explain," she said. "In my house, one story I regularly hear is from him is, 'I can’t work because nobody will hire me' and his other story is, 'My mother’s food always tastes better than this.'"
5. I think the Lord also gets tired of two stories He hears; “I can’t work because I’m a nobody” and “It’s just not in my nature to witness.” Today I plan on challenging those 2 concepts.
“For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds.” 2 Cor. 10:4.
1. I want us to look tonight at the four principle weapons God has given us, what can make us dangerous to the devil, and the urgency of using our weapons.
2. The title of this message is “Armed & Dangerous.”
I. HOW ARE WE “ARMED”? OUR 4 WEAPONS:
A. THE WORD OF GOD
1. The Lord Jesus used the Word of God when battling Satan after the 40 days of fasting. It’s necessary we commit the Word to memory.
2. It is the “Sword of the Spirit,” in that the Holy Spirit is our guide in how to use it. He points out which parts of the Word apply to our current situation and unveils to us how that specific Word gives us victory over the flaming missiles, traps, snares, stumbling blocks & pitfalls of Satan.
3. HOW IS THE WORD LIKE A SWORD?
a. It has cutting ability; “When they heard that, they were cut to the heart” Acts 5:33.
b. The O.T. prophet’s words were said to slice the
disobedient, Hos. 6:5, “Therefore have I hewed them by the prophets; I have slain them by the words of my mouth.”
c. “For the Word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart” Heb. 4:12.
4. Paul said, “Take the…sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God” Eph. 6:17.
5. The Sword of the Spirit is the only offensive weapon mentioned in all the Armor of God (Eph. 6). If we don’t know the Word, we’re at the mercy of the enemy. Take it!
B. THE NAME OF JESUS
1. The Name of Jesus is a weapon in that it is a proxy for the Person of Jesus Himself. A “proxy” is defined as “the authority to represent someone else.”
2. EX. OF USE OF ‘JESUS’ IN MIRACLES
a. Mark 9:39 “Do not stop him,” Jesus said. “For no one who does a miracle in my name can in the next moment say anything bad about me,