Summary: We need to learn how to ask God for the things that we need. Not for the things that we want. I want us to notice the order in which God blessed Solomon.
Intro: We need to learn how to ask God for the things that we need. Not for the things that we want. I want us to notice the order in which God blessed Solomon.
I. GOD GAVE SOLOMON WISDOM AND KNOWLEDGE – V.12
A. TO MAKE THE RIGHT CHOICES
1. He prayed with the right Attitude
2. He yielded his will to God’s
3. Joshua said it best in Joshua 24:15 “… choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.”
B. TO RULE OVER THE PEOPLE
1. To Be A Leader
2. To Help People
3. To Guide People
C. TO JUDGE RIGHTLY
1. To See Through The Eyes Of God
2. To Understand God’s Word
3. To Judge By God’s Word
II. GOD BLESSED SOLOMON FINANCIALLY – 2 CHRONICLES 1:12
A. To Help Build His House
B. To Reward Solomon Openly
1. Mathew 6:6 “But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.”
C. To Teach Others The Right Way and Order
1. To Be An Example
III. GOD USED SOLOMON TO BUILD HIS HOUSE
2 Chronicles 5:1 Thus all the work that Solomon made for the house of the LORD was finished: and Solomon brought in all the things that David his father had dedicated; and the silver, and the gold, and all the instruments, put he among the treasures of the house of God.
A. Solomon Was Humble – 2 Chronicles 2:6 But who is able to build him an house, seeing the heaven and heaven of heavens cannot contain him? who am I then, that I should build him an house, save only to burn sacrifice before him?
1. Proverbs 15:33 “The fear of the LORD is the instruction of wisdom; and before honour is humility.”
B. Solomon Was A Man of Honor – 2 Chronicles 1:12
C. Solomon Was Honest
IV. THEN GOD MOVED IN
2 Chronicles 5:13, 14 It came even to pass, as the trumpeters and singers were as one, to make one sound to be heard in praising and thanking the LORD; and when they lifted up their voice with the trumpets and cymbals and instruments of musick, and praised the LORD, saying, For he is good; for his mercy endureth for ever: that then the house was filled with a cloud, even the house of the LORD; So that the priests could not stand to minister by reason of the cloud: for the glory of the LORD had filled the house of God.
1. Billy Graham said Church-goers are like coals in a fire. When they cling together, they keep the flame aglow; when they separate, they die out.
V. THEN GOD FILLED THE HOUSE WITH HIS GLORY! – 2 CHRONICLES 5:14
A. That’s What We Want
B. There are a lot of churches with the name Icabod. Which means the Glory of the Lord has departed. 2 Samuel 4:21
Conclusion: Are you willing to do what it takes to build God’s House? Then Pray for wisdom.