Summary: This sermon looks at how God will allow people to get to the end of their rope so that they might let go and trust God.
AT THE END OF HER ROPE
Joshua 2: 1-24
I. THE CANAANITES’ FEAR (Josh. 2: 1-11)
A. They had heard of the miracles of:
1. The parting of the Red sea. (Ex. 14:21)
2. The overcoming of kings and land (Num. 21:21)
B. They faced God’s judgment for their :
C. They feared God’s presence because:
1. Wickedness has no comfort
2. They stood in the way
II. RAHAB’S COURAGE (Josh. 2: 11-21)
A. Her confession (v.11)
1. The same evidence was available to all
2. Ample time for repentance had been given
B. Her stand
1. She choose God and rejected paganism
2. She choose God and rejected evil (James 4:4)
C. Her help
1. The “spies” are called “messengers” in the book of James
2. God wanted to bring mercy to a sinful harlot named Rahab.
D. Her security (v.14)
1. The covenant
2. The scarlet
III. THE ISRAELITES’ BOLDNESS (Josh. 2: 22-24)
A. The good news to share
1. The waiting 3 days
2. The excitement
B. The highlight
1. The terror of the Lord had over came the inhabitants
2. No courage was found in the inhabitants
3. The Lord had defeated them
What do your family members and friends see in your face ?
Do they see the peace and courage that God gives, or do they see the same hopelessness that they have.
Other than words, how can you communicate hope to unbelievers around you ?