Summary: Nothing deternines the level of our daily lives more than the attitudes with which we approach life.
Attitude Determines Altitude
But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Cor. 15:57
• My life is more affected by my ATTITUDE than any other thing. (Illus Developing the Leader Within You pg 87 last paragraph) 10% 90% factor!
• Because of Jesus I may lose some BATTLES, but I have already won the WAR! This creates the attitude of HOPE.
• I have a lot of things to praise God for but WHEN is thanksgiving appropriate? (Sometimes easy others are not)
The attitude of gratitude should encompass my whole life. (Ways it can do this…)
1- I Should Thank the Lord FOR Everything. (Prisoners)
Eph. 5:20 always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
1. Most people thank God for the good and BLAME Him for the bad.
2. God sometimes allows difficulties in my life in order to increase my patience and strengthen my FAITH. (Illus Eagle’s test is wind?)
3. Everything that comes to God’s children has been screened by His LOVE. (Rom. 8:28)
2- I Should Thank the Lord THROUGH Everything.
1 Thess. 5:18 give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
1. I can praise God even when things don’t go MY way.
2. It is in tough times that I really learn to PRAY, read God’s word, TRUST and obey.
3- I Should Praise the Lord WITH Everything.
PSA 150:3 Praise him with the sounding of the trumpet, praise him with the harp and lyre, 4 praise him with tambourine and dancing, praise him with the strings and flute, 5 praise him with the clash of cymbals, praise him with resounding cymbals. 6 Let everything that has breath praise the LORD. Praise the LORD.
1. I have BREATH to praise God with. (If nothing else)
2. I have TALENTS to praise God with. (All have at least one)
3. I have TREASURE to praise God with. (Tithes and offerings)
4. I have TIME to praise God with. (Fellowship and Witness)
PSA 105:1 Give thanks to the LORD, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done. 2 Sing to him, sing praise to him; tell of all his wonderful acts.
PSA 103:1 Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless His holy name. 2 Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits: 3 Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases; 4 Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies; 5 Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle’s. 6 The LORD executeth righteousness and judgment for all that are oppressed. (KJV)