Summary: This sermon is intended to show how the correct attitude will cause us to excel in the plan of God for our lives.
Attitude for Altitude
By Pastor John Price
Tuesday, February 13, 2007
30 Even the youths shall faint and be weary, And the young men shall utterly fall, 31 But those who wait on the LORD Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint. NKJV
* Reading passages like this how could anyone stay discouraged.
THE IMPACT OF ATTITUDE
The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of Attitude on life. Attitude to me is more important: than facts, than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do, than appearances, than giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company…a church…a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the Attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one thing we have, and that is our Attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it. And so it is with you…We are in charge of our attitudes.”
SOURCE: Charles Swindoll
* Our attitude should be a reflection of how God see us and not how Satan would have us to view ourselves.
* What are things that shape our attitude.
1. What we Hear.
* Our attitude toward life is an immediate reflection of our thoughts and our thoughts are an immediate reflection of our Hearing. ( Relationship over Religion)
* Romans 10:17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. NKJV
2. What we Speak
* Proverbs 18:21 Death and life are in the power of the tongue, And those who love it will eat its fruit.
3. How we spend our time. ( All of these effect the Altitude of our Christian life.)
* Lets look at our main text-
30 Even the youths shall faint and be weary, And the young men shall utterly fall.
* Achieving high altitudes of success in life for the believer is not based on age, income, carnal recognition, or physical strength but on a Godly attitude of success.
* I believe that every believer should have and Attitude for Altitude.
The Key to having the right attitude for altitude begins and ends with those----
1. Who Pursue the Promise
a. Vs 31 those who wait upon the Lord.
* Wait upon - to bind together by twisting; to expect; gather together; look patiently for; wait for or upon
2. Who Receive the Reward- Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint. NKJV ( That is a life of high altitudes)
1THEREFORE THEN, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses [who have borne testimony to the Truth], let us strip off and throw aside every encumbrance (unnecessary weight) and that sin which so readily (deftly and cleverly) clings to and entangles us, and let us run with patient endurance and steady and active persistence the appointed course of the race that is set before us,