Summary: Praises for the attributes of God from one who was active in the life of Christ to the Leader
255. God Who Was Active in the Life of Jesus Christ – I praise you Father for actively working in and through Christ and His ministries while He was on earth. “The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call Him Immanuel - which means, ‘God with us.” (Matt. 1:23)
256. God’s Glory as His Very Being – I praise you Lord that your very being consists of glory. “Who among the gods is like you, O Lord? Who is like you – majestic in holiness, awesome in glory, working wonders? – Hallelujah (Ex. 15:11) “O Lord, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth! You have set your glory above the heavens.” (Psa. 8:1) “Ascribe to the Lord, O Mighty ones, ascribe to the Lord glory and strength. Ascribe to the Lord the glory due His name; worship the Lord in the splendor of His holiness.” (Psa. 29:1,2) “Glorious and majestic are His deeds, and His righteousness, endures forever.” (Psa. 111:3) “I am the Lord; that is my name! I will not give my glory to another or my praise to idols.” (Isa. 42:8) “For the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea.” (Hab. 2:14) “The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of His being, sustaining all things by His powerful word.” (Heb. 1:3)
257. Golden Rule Advocate – I praise you Lord that you always practiced the golden rule to perfection. Jesus said, “So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.” (Matt. 7:12)
258. Good – I praise you Lord for being commendable, worthy and morally excellent Oh God. “I will praise you forever for what you have done; in your name I will hope, for your name is good. I will praise you in the presence of your saints.” (Psa. 52:9)
259. Good Shepherd – I praise you Lord for being the supreme good Shepherd. “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down His life for the sheep.” (Jn 10:11)
260. Gospel Is Given As the Power of God – I praise you Lord for the power of the gospel to liberate men and women from self-destruction. “I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes; first for the Jews, then for the Gentiles.” (Rom. 1:16)
261. Graceful - I give all praise to you Father for being a gracious God who gives to those who are undeserving of your unmerited favor and gifts. Thank you God for the promise given through Paul who wrote, “For if the many died by the trespass of the one man, how much more did God’s grace and the gift that came by the grace of the one man, Jesus Christ, overflow to the many!” (Rom. 5:15)
262. Gracious – I praise you Lord for being kind, indulgent and beneficent to all of us who are inferior to you. I thank you for the promise, “I knew that you are a gracious and compassionate God, slow to anger and abounding in love, a God who relents from sending calamity.” (Jonah 4:2) Thank you for helping me be more gracious to others.
263. Great – I commend you God for being greater than any problem, person or predicament. As Ezekiel wrote, “I will show the holiness of my great name, which has been profaned among the nations, the name you have profaned among them. Then the nations will know that I am the Lord, declares the Sovereign Lord, when I show myself holy through you before their eyes.” (Ezek. 36:23)
264. Great King – I praise you Lord for being greater than all kings or authorities. “Great is the Lord and most worthy of praise, in the city of our God, his holy mountain…Like the utmost heights of Zaphon is Mount Zion, the city of the Great King.” (Psa. 48:1,2)
265. Greater Than Any Problem – Praise you Lord for the promise that greater is He who is in me than he who is in the world. (I John 4:4) Thank you Lord for the fact that you are the Lord, the sovereign Lord, you have made the heavens and earth by your great power and outstretched arm. Nothing is to difficult for you. (Jer. 32:17)
266. Green Pine Tree – I praise you Lord for being my refreshing pine tree. “O Ephraim, what more have I to do with idols? I will answer him and care for him. I am like a green pine tree; your fruitfulness comes from me.” (Hos. 14:8) Thank you that I am reliant on you for all good fruit and blessings.