Summary: As Christians, we must balance the Word of God with the promptings of the Holy Spirit. When the Holy Spirit speaks to you, just do it!
· As Christians, we must balance the Word of God with the promptings of the Holy Spirit.
· When the Holy Spirit speaks to you, just do it!
· In order to walk in the fullness of what God has for us, having a pure heart is very important. But just as important is balancing the Word and what the Spirit of God speaks for you to do.
· To do one without the other will not produce the results you desire and may even hinder what God wants to do in and through your life.
· This morning, we want to become spiritual balanced in all that we do in our walk with Christ.
· We will discuss why we must have the proper spiritual balance in our life in order to accomplish what God wants to do in and through us.
1. Walking in the Spirit is walking with a pure heart (Godliness).
A. Walking with a pure heart (godliness) means working the written Word of God in your life as well as following the promptings of the Holy Spirit.
i.Many Christians take the Word of God and hold fast to it, but totally ignore the Holy Spirit’s promptings regarding the Word.
(NKJV) 2 Corinthians 3 5 Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think of anything as being from ourselves, but our sufficiency is from God, 6 who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.
ii. The promptings of the Holy Spirit will always confirm the Word, just do it.
iii. The Holy Spirit will always lead you to prosper in life.
iv. We must learn to walk with the Holy Spirit by allowing Him to speak to us about every area of our life.
B. If you know the Word of God, you will know the voice of God.
C. God’s Spirit within you will cause your life to line up with His will and ways.
(NKJV) Ezekiel 36 26 I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. 27 I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments and do them.
D. When you ignore the Holy Spirit when He tells you to do something, you grieve and disrespect Him.
i. When you continue to ignore Him, He will stop prompting you in the area in which you are ignoring Him.
2. As it relates to spiritual things in your life, there must be a balance.
A. There is an earthly and spiritual aspect to life. Keep it balanced!
B. Exercise is a good example of something that is profitable for your body from an earthly, physical standpoint.
C. Spiritual things will not only profit you in the natural realm (earthly) but also in the eternal, spiritual realm.
(NKJV) 1 Timothy 4 8 For bodily exercise profits a little, but godliness is profitable for all things, having promise of the life that now is and of that which is to come.
i. Physical training is good for the body, meditation & working of the Word of God is good spiritual training.
D. Balance is the key to life.
3. Knowing the Word of God and listening to the Holy Spirit keeps us from destruction & positions us to have the great life.