Summary: That perfect purpose is the Will of God. In this outline we point out the purpose of our Christian walk and live.
BE A PERSON OF PURPOSE!
We are a people of purpose. That perfect purpose is the Will of God. In this outline we point out the purpose of our Christian walk and live.
I. A people of Prayer.
- 1 Peter 4:7 But the end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer.
- Romans 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
A. God’s people can take their weapons of prayer, fasting and seeking god to bring revival to the world.
- 2 Chron.7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
B. Arguments never settle things, but prayer changes things.
C. Nothing makes us love our enemies as much as praying for them.
D. A small boy asked his parents, "I’m going to pray now--do you need anything?"
E. An important part of praying is a willingness to be a part of the answer.
F. If we pray in times of victory, we will not need to plead in times of defeat.
G. Bending our knees in prayer keeps us from breaking under the load of care.
H. Prayer is not a way of getting what we want, but the way to become what God wants us to be.
I. Spiritual growth soars up when we have prayed up, made up, and said up.
J. Prayer less pews make powerless pulpits.
K. Prayer is the breath of the soul; without it you will turn blue.
II. A people of Worship!
- Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
- 1 Chr 16:29 KJV Give unto the LORD the glory due unto his name: bring an offering, and come before him: worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness.
- John 4:23 KJV But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
- John 4:24 KJV God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
A. We must make Jesus Lord of our lives.
B. Since we fight for the liberty to worship, should we not make more use of that liberty?
C. When we recognize Jesus’ kingship, we’ll give him our worship.
D. A person may be worthy of admiration, but Christ alone is worthy of adoration.
E. When we submit to Jesus’ lordship, we’ll give him our worship.
F. It is possible to be so active in the service of Christ as to forget to love him.
G. The word worship is a shortened form of the old word worthship, which means showing God the worth he holds in your life.
H. Fellowship with a holy God will produce holy living.
III. A people of Love.
- John 13:35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.
A. We must give the world a new picture of Jesus. We must let our light shine and that light is love.