Summary: To show that we give glory to GOD whatever we do, We do all for the glory of GOD.
Are you still before GOD? Yes, I'm always praying in tongues when I'm alone.
1 Corinthians 10:31 (New International Version)
10:31 So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.
II. AUDIENCE PROFILE:
To show that we give glory to GOD whatever we do, We do all for the glory of GOD.
Psalms 46:10 (Amplified Bible)
46:10 Let be and be still, and know (recognize and understand) that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations! I will be exalted in the earth!
Psalms 46:10 (The Message)
46:10 "Step out of the traffic! Take a long, loving look at me, your High God, above politics, above everything."
Psalms 46:10 (King James Version)
46:10 Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.
Praise, worship and thank You very much LORD JESUS for You are my GOD and it's worth knowing You more in my worship, and this will lead people around me to exalt You in their hearts.
Be still, know GOD
A. Authors: Authorship of many is uncertain, generally attributed to King David.
B. Date written: c. 1440 to 450 B.C. ( From Moses to Ezra)
C. Purpose: 150 songs to praise and worship GOD
D. To whom written: Sometimes to GOD, sometimes to author
E. Main Themes: praise and worship, prayer and praise
VIII. MAIN BODY:
A. Be still and know that I am GOD.
"Let be and be still, and know (recognize and understand) that I am God."
Still or "raphah" in Hebrew which means:
1. slacken - to become less tense, firm or rigid; to decrease in tension
2. abate, cease, consume, draw
Know or "yada" in Hebrew which means:
1. to know
2. observation, care, recognition; and causatively instruction, designation, punishment
3. acknowledge, acquaintance (-ted with), advise, answer, appoint, assuredly, be aware, [un-] awares, can [-not], certainly, for a certainty, comprehend, consider, X could they, cunning, declare, be diligent, (can, cause to) discern, discover, endued with, familiar friend, famous, feel, can have, be [ig-] norant, instruct, kinsfolk, kinsman, (cause to, let, make) know, (come to give, have, take) knowledge, have [knowledge], (be, make, make to be, make self) known, + be learned, + lie by man, mark, perceive, privy to, X prognosticator, regard, have respect, skilful, shew, can (man of) skill, be sure, of a surety, teach, (can) tell, understand
Knowing someone has a connection in worship. When you're trusting men, you are cursed. When you're trusting GOD, you are blessed.
Jeremiah 17:5 (King James Version)
17:5 Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD.
Illustration: When we are first in love, we want to know the person inside and out but forgot that we can't really do that and after years we are frustrated we can't figure out the other person. Because only GOD is worth knowing, if you know Him personally, you will learn that GOD never changes and He is much, much worth knowing. We are not frustrated in knowing GOD because what is said in the bible is always true of Him and He never fails, or changes in any of them, as it is written about GOD, so is He.
Hebrews 13:8 (Amplified Bible)
13:8 Jesus Christ (the Messiah) is [always] the same, yesterday, today, [yes] and forever (to the ages).
Here are some things worth knowing about GOD:
1. The LORD listens to us when we call to Him and He makes distinction between the godly and the ungodly.
Psalms 4:3 (Amplified Bible)
4:3 But know that the Lord has set apart for Himself [and given distinction to] him who is godly [the man of loving-kindness]. The Lord listens and heeds when I call to Him.
2.The LORD will never forsake the people who seek Him out.
Psalms 9:10 (Amplified Bible)
9:10 And they who know Your name [who have experience and acquaintance with Your mercy] will lean on and confidently put their trust in You, for You, Lord, have not forsaken those who seek (inquire of and for) You [on the authority of God’s Word and the right of their necessity].
3. The LORD always saves His anointed.
Psalms 20:6 (Amplified Bible)
20:6 Now I know that the Lord saves His anointed; He will answer him from His holy heaven with the saving strength of His right hand.
4. GOD continues His loving-kindness and His righteousness to those who want to know Him more.
Psalms 36:10 (Amplified Bible)
36:10 O continue Your loving-kindness to those who know You, Your righteousness (salvation) to the upright in heart.