Summary: God says you have beautiful feet if you are carrying the good news of Christ to other people that need it. How many Christians should be proclaiming the message of Christ to others? How many Christians should be preacher (proclaimers) of Christ?
Beautiful Feet: Bringing Light To Darkness
1. How many of you in this building have beautiful feet today? Please don’t take your shoes off and show us! I do not mean this literally, in the sense of your physical feet.
• Sometimes we speak figuratively, and it’s obvious (“Let’s give him a hand,” or “I really put my foot in my mouth.”).
2. What do I mean by beautiful feet? Look at verse 15. Our feet are what carry us places. God says you have beautiful feet if you are carrying the good news of peace to other people that need it. What is the gospel of peace? Romans 5:1
3. The gospel of peace is the good news that sinners can be brought into a position of peace with a holy and righteous God. How? Through simple faith in Jesus Christ.
• All of us are spiritually dead because of sin. Romans 5:12
• The wages of sin is death. Romans 6:23
• We can be saved from the wrath of God because Christ paid our sin debt for us. Romans 5:8-10
• Salvation from the penalty of our sin comes instantly, the moment we trust Jesus Christ to be our Savior. Romans 4:5, 22-24
4. Would you agree with me, that is good news? But that message of good news does absolutely no good if people do not hear it. Romans 10:14-15
5. This is why, when God sees a person actively trying to take that good news to people, God says, “You have beautiful feet.”
6. When you think of the “preacher” in verse 14, what goes through your mind? Do you think of your pastors at church? Do you think of these missionaries we have here this month? Did you know a preacher is simply “one who proclaims?”
7. How many Christians should be proclaiming the message of Christ to others? How many Christians should be preachers (proclaimers) of Christ? Every believer should strive to have beautiful feet! Why is this so important?
First, because it should be a natural desire – vs. 1
1. Paul was consumed with seeing others saved (vs. 1). When you have experienced something wonderful, it is only natural to want to tell others.
2. Paul was ready to preach the gospel and was not ashamed of it. 1:15-16
• Illustration: When I got saved, I immediately wanted to tell my parents and my friends. It is a natural reaction.
• Illustration: The woman at the well. John 4:28-30, 39
3. Every believer should strive to have beautiful feet. Why? Because if you are saved, there should be a natural desire to use your feet to take the good news of Christ to others who have never heard it.
Second, because many have no knowledge of God – vs. 2-8
1. What a description of the nations in vs. 2-3. This aptly describes the lost condition of most of the world. People know there is a God, but religion has a million different ways for you to try to appease God and become acceptable to Him.
2. There are even many who know of Jesus Christ, but they have not submitted to Him as the only way to obtain righteousness before God (vs. 4). God’s call is to simply believe on His Son.