Summary: The Ressurection of Christ has different meanings for different people.
BECAUSE HE LIVES
I. SOME SHOULD BE AFRAID (v. 1-4)
Hebrews 10:31, “It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.”
A. Because The Power Of God Has Been Revealed
(1 Cor. 15:12-28)
1. Many people have tried to prove that Jesus did not rise from the dead. If they could, just consider what it would do to our faith (1 Cor. 15:12-19).
2. But, Christ did rise and is alive today! He alone has power over life and death! They tried to kill Him but they couldn’t. They tried to keep Him in the grave, but they couldn’t!
3. The day is soon coming when He will bring all things, and people, into subjection.(1 Cor. 15:20-28). Let me be very clear. You can shake your fist in God’s face right now and say you don’t care or don’t even believe. You have that choice. But one day, you will stand before One greater and holier than you could ever imagine. Are you ready?
Hebrews 2:3, “How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation”
B. Because The Purpose Of God Has Been Fulfilled
1. Up to the point that Jesus died, forgiveness had not yet been brought. Everything was still in the future. Men still had an excuse for not turning to God, albeit, a flimsy excuse.
2. At the point of Jesus’ death, the price for sin was paid and pardon has been offered. Jesus suffered and died for the sins of the whole world, down to the individual sinner.
3. Today, Jesus lives, resurrected from the dead, with power over death. Part of His dying was on your account. If you reject His great offering of Himself to purchase your forgiveness of sin, be afraid, very afraid.
II. SOME SHOULD NOT FEAR (v. 5-6, 8-10 a)
A. Because Of The Payment For Our Sin (Rev. 1:5)
B. Because Of The Presence Of Jesus
C. Because Of The Prospect Of Our Own Resurrection (1 Cor. 15:51-57)
III. SOME STILL NEED ENCOURAGEMENT (v. 7, 10 b)
A. Jesus Is Still Alive
B. Jesus Is Still Coming To Meet Us (Acts 1:9-11)