Summary: This message talks about how before time ever existed Christ was in existence because he has always existed.
Tonight we are going to talk about how Jesus always existed. We are going to talk about before time began Christ existed.
Use a bicycle wheel for this intro.
Question #1 – What if I took the hub out of this wheel; what would happen?
Question #2 – What if I took some or all of the spokes out of the wheel what would that do?
Question #3 – What if I took the wheel off what use would that be?
In John 8:58 Jesus makes a claim that He is God. He said this, “before Abraham was, I AM.” By making that statement Jesus was claiming to be equal with God and therefore eternal. What we are going to do tonight is to look up some verses that tell us about Jesus being eternal.
1. Joshua 5:13-15 – What we have here is Christophony that physical appearance of Jesus Christ in the Old Testament. There is no question that this is Jesus. We know this for 2 Reasons number 1 only Jesus is the commander of the Lords army. And number 2 angels did not accept worship from man.
2. John 1:1-3 – In the beginning Christ was with God, Christ was God, and He made all things. I want you to notice something with the words in the beginning. Some people try to say see Jesus Christ and God had a beginning from these passages of scripture. However, the words in the beginning refer to the fact that when time began (which was created by God for us) Christ was already there.
3. John 17:5 & 24 – Christ had God’s glory and was loved by God before the world began.
4. Colossians 1:15-17 – Christ was before all things. He has no beginning to Him.
5. Hebrews 1:1-2 – Christ made all thing and will inherit all things.
6. Revelation 1:8 – Alpha and Omega are the first and last letters of the Greek alphabet.
7. Revelation 4:8 – Christ was, is and always will be.
What we learn from the word of God is the fact that Christ is eternal. He has no beginning before there was time there was Christ. He is the same yesterday, today, and forever.