Summary: Jesus is coming soon. Are you ready?
BEHIND THE CLOUDS
1. Then shall the Kingdom of Heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the Bridegroom.
2. And five were wise and five were foolish.
3. They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them:
4. But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.
5. While the Bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept.
6. And at midnight there was a cry made, behold the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.
7. Then all those virgins arose and trimmed their lamps.
8. And the foolish said unto the wise, give us your oil; for our lamps are gone out.
9. But the wise answered saying, not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.
10. And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.
11. Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.
12. But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.
13. Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.
Since I was a child I’ve heard Jesus is coming back. When I say coming back, I’m talking about the rapture of the church,
1 Thessalonians 4: 13- 18
13. But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
14. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
15. For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the
Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
16. For the Lord himself shall descend from Heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17. Then we which are alive shall and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
18. Wherefore comfort one another with these words.
50. Now this I say brethren, that flesh and blood cannot enter the Kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
51. Behold I show you a mystery; we shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
52. In a moment in a twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
53. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
54. So when this corruptible shall put on incorruption, and this mortal shall put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
55. O death where is thy sting? O grave where is thy victory.
Is it possible that this could take place in my lifetime?
Is the Rapture something I should fear?
If we know Jesus as our personal Savior, we don’t have to fear, but we should be on the alert.