Summary: The super bowl winner will need to be at peak performance and so does the children of God. This includes having a desire, a disciplined life, a committed life, a sacrificial life, and a life that finishes.
2 Timothy 4:1-8 “Being at Peak Performance”
The winner of the Super bowl will need the following traits
• A Desire, A Discipline, A Commitment, A Sacrifice, and A Finish
• Coach Paul shares with Timothy something’s that will help you to finish
• this is the time when struggle will come be at your peak Performance, Timothy
1. In order to win and be at Peak performance, to be at peak performance Timothy you must have Desire
• .2 Timothy 4:7I have fought the good fight,
• Paul uses the term fight to allow the hearer to acknowledge Life of the redeemed is a struggle so fight, This was especially applicable in his day
• Vince Lombardy said, ""The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Desire must be at the Utmost !
2. Timothy, Coach Paul believes to be at Topmost Performance you must have Discipline in your life
• training that develops self-control, character, or orderliness and efficiency
• vs 2 be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage--with great patience and careful instruction.
• Mark Land says, “Most of us want to win we just don’t want to suffer”
• "Train yourself to be Godly" Hebrews says endure like a good soldier
• Timothy Be Prepared
• Timothy correct yourself,
• Timothy rebuke yourself,
• Timothy encourage yourself,
• Timothy have great Patience,
• Timothy give careful Instructions to yourself. Timothy Discipline yourself.
3. Coach Paul feels to be at the apex of performance in the Big Game you need Commitment, Paul writes, . 5But you, keep your head in all situations, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, discharge all the duties of your ministry.,
• Commitment t comes because you love the lord so Love the Lord with all your heart
• Proverbs 3:16 Commit to the LORD whatever you do and your plans will succeed
4. Coach Paul believes to be at top performance or top gun it will involve Sacrifice Sacrifice according to Vince Lombardi, "Success is like anything worthwhile. It has a price. You have to pay the price to win and you have to pay the price to get to the point where success is possible. Most important, you must pay the price to stay there." "Football is a great deal like life in that it teaches that work, sacrifice, perseverance, competitive drive, selflessness and respect for authority is the price that each and every one of us must pay to achieve any goal that is worthwhile."
• 6For I am already being poured out like a drink offering, and the time has come for my departure.
• Paul views his approaching death as the pouring out of his life as an offering to Christ
5. Coach Paul shares with Timothy the key to a victory is “you must Finish” Paul said I have, 7I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 8Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness