Summary: From Careless Living to a Carefree live in Christ. Christ takes care of all our cares.
We live in a World today which dreams of being carefree. The teenagers dream of success in Hollywood to be carefree financially and have notoriety, and popularity. Married couples with children desire to have a month of carefree, trying to make ends meet, trying to keep the family together. Couples looking to retirement are looking for carefree living when they retire and to live out their life in paradise, or having no cares in this world. But when you get right down to it, we all have burdens to bear, whether it is finances, sickness, family problems, or whatever, we all have something that we are having to fret over. But yet society pushes the thinking of being carefree and not really caring about anything except what matters to each individual.
Truly living a Carefree life.
1Pe 5:5Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble.
1Pe 5:6 Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:
1Pe 5:7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.
1. Some Are Care (less) Zep 2:15 This is the rejoicing city that dwelt carelessly, that said in her heart, I am, and there is none beside me: how is she become a desolation, a place for beasts to lie down in! every one that passeth by her shall hiss, and wag his hand. Nineveh, was rejoicing so much of her strength and prosperity. They were living to self and what they had done. Careless living.
"Man, God just has to lighten up a bit," said James P. Rowell from Chicago, who makes the annual trip to New Orleans to celebrate Mardi Gras. "So the whole town gets blind drunk, strangers [do unthinkable things together] in the streets, underage girls flash their bodies, and the whole town ends up in a sinful, wild, sleazy party -- not like this is Sodom and Gomorrah, or anything. After all this town has went through, you’d think that God would give ’em a [give them slack] this time around."
"As for me," he added, "I plan on laying [meeting every girl [I can}, but I’ll definitely be out of the city well before hurricane season kicks in."
That is a description of careless living. Living unto yourself, thinking about the fun for me and me only.
a. There are many careless people in today’s world. Their lives are in jeopardy – physically and spiritually.
b. Accidents are caused by carelessness. Financial loss is sustained and lives are lost through careless living.
c. Many are careless about spiritual things. They fail to accept Christ as Savior and Lord of their lives. Christians often neglect their prayer life, church attendance, and service to God.
Dictionaries definition of carelessness.
1. Taking insufficient care; negligent:
2. Marked by or resulting from lack of forethought or thoroughness:
3. Showing a lack of consideration: a careless remark.
4. Unconcerned or indifferent; heedless: careless of the consequences.
5. Unstudied or effortless: