Summary: A systematic studies of demons:their nature,power,influence and limitations.An essential knowledge for every spirit filled believer who intend to live an over-comers' lifestyle
The secret of victory in this kingdom is the authority bestowed on us. Satan and demons bows to men who have genuine authority and know it. Acts 19:14 – The seven sons of Sceva failed woefully because they had no authority though they used the name of Jesus.
Luke. 10:17 – The seventy disciples came back home with joy because of the authority they have used successfully.
I. THE AUTHORITY OF CHRIST
1. Matt. 28:18. the authority was given by the father. It was manifest whenever he speaks (Mt. 9:8)
2. It encompasses the heaven and the earth (Phil. 2:10, Matt. 28:18). It includes:
(a) Authority over angels
(b) Authority over powers and principalities Heb. 4:14, Eph.2: 23, Col. 2:15.
( c) Authority over the church and men Jn. 5:22,23 ICor. 11:3.
II. THE AUTHORITY OF THE BELIEVER
The authority of the believer is rooted in the authority of Christ.
To understand this we must be able to analyze our position in Christ, so Satan and demons will not ride on our ignorance.
• Jn. 1:16 – The means as believers we are indwelt by the full potential of the life of Christ.
• We are raised and seated with Christ. This is our legal position and the devil knows it. Eph. 1:15-23, 2:4-6.
• We are; literally the body of Christ, with His spirit dwelling in us. Christ is in us. Gal. 2:20, I Jn. 4:4.
Our union with Christ as evident in the points outlined above is the foundation of our authority.
Believers Authority is in 3 fold
1.Authority over the power of the Enemy Lk.10:19(NIV). Serpents and scorpions refer to demons and satanic agents.
2.Authority Over Satan Rom. 16:20 Satan is legally placed beneath the fact of Christ – that is subject to this authority; and Satan is legally beneath our fact too. Psalm 91:13 – That scripture is not talking of animals but of Satan!
3.Authority to act in Behalf of Christ Jn. 17:18, II Cor. 5:20 with His authority we preach, lay hands on the sick and cast out devils.
Demons have no final say over our life at the mention of the name of Jesus demons must bow and flee!