Summary: Too few people realize that God has given us everything we need for successful living in Christ Jesus. Most people assume that success is found through special connections, special methods or clever skills. Success is a favorable or satisfactory outcome o
1. Too few people realize that God has given us everything we need for successful living in Christ Jesus. Most people assume that success is found through special connections, special methods or clever skills.
Success is a favorable or satisfactory outcome or result it is the fulfillment of something hoped for.
Too few people do not have spiritual success because they do not ask for it. However, Philip is an example a man who obeyed God in the face of terrible persecution. Luke wrote,
"Philip went to the city of Samaria and preached Christ to them. And the multitudes with one accord heeded the things spoken by Philip." (Acts 8:5)
God used Philip to perform great miracles because He wanted millions to enjoy the benefits found through a saving faith in Jesus Christ. God’s concern for the lost is so great that He is willing to use anyone who will believe Him to accomplish His purposes regardless of adverse circumstances.
Application: Ask the Lord to help you to set your face like a flint and preach Christ to those who are in need of forgiveness, truth and eternal salvation. Be careful that you do not become so tactical (microscopic) in your thinking that you forget God’s strategic (macroscopic) plan to bring salvation, forgiveness and liberty to millions of captives.
2. The people of Samaria would have naturally been less than friendly to outsiders, but God still gave success to Philip. Do not assume certain reasons why something will not work.
Application: Success is not the only goal, but a consequence of obeying God. Ask God to help you follow the example of Philip who went into a hostile area as he responded to Godâs will.
3. Do not try to falsely manufacture success. Simon the sorcerer tried to re-manufacture the success that God gave Philip, but was exposed. Solomon wrote,
"The blessings of the Lord gives success and He adds no sorrow to it." Trust the Lord to give you the patience to wait on the Lord’s style, quantity and quality of success according to His timing.
4. No obstacle is able to withstand the power of Christ. Philip could have given the Samarians all kinds of promises for success, but He preached Christ ö the eternal key to success. Too many people fail because they do not think they can endure what is required for success. Do not think that only those who are of this world may enjoy success.
Application: When we align our expectations to the Lordâs desires we are able to perceive, experience and enjoy a higher level of success. Ask God to help you to re-tune your perspectives to the frequency of Christâs successful broadcasts.
5. Later, the apostles sent Peter and John to Samaria to witness and confirm the work as genuine. Ask the Lord to help bring along Godly leaders who will help confirm, enrich and enhance the success of the work God has given to you.
Many small successes do not have a chance to blossom because controlling individuals are not willing to cooperate with other members of the body of Christ. Do not allow your success to merely be an individual accomplishment, but allow it to contribute to the success of the church and its mission ministries. Choose to be like the four lepers who found the gold in the city and used their successful find to share with others in need.