Summary: Live, pray and trust in light of the power of His resurrection benefits.
Benefits Appropriated From Resurrection Perspective (Matt. 28)
Helen Roseveare, a missionary physician to Zaire from 1953-1973, exhibited what Paul described in Phil. 3:10, "That I may know Him and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings being conformed to Him even to His death."
Helen was imprisoned, raped and had her teeth kicked from her mouth during the Simba rebellion in 1964 in the old Belgian Congo. Nevertheless, her life and ministry is evidence of the power of His resurrection. She went on to build hospitals, medical colleges and churches in a war torn country despite severe shortages of most material goods. How did she do it? She believed God to supply her with the grace that is always sufficient in the worst situations by the power of the resurrected Christ living within her. She chronicles the greatest of God's overcoming power in her two books, "He gave us the Valley." He Gave us this Mountain." In a real life video documentary called, Mama Luka, a British reporter takes the viewers on a walk back in time to show the miracles God worked through one who was willing to let God do whatever He chose through this diminutive but power servant.
Here are some of the most outstanding benefits of the power of His resurrection that many are yet to appropriate in their lives and ministries:
1. Born again to a living hope - There is hope for the hopeless and rest for the weary and love for the broken heart. There is grace and forgiveness, healing and mercy. He always meets us wherever we are as we cry out to Jesus.
2. Overcoming power - Paul wrote, "Do not be overcome by evil but overcome evil with good." We are more than conquerors through Him who loves us so we need to live as overcomers, just as Helen did and does even till today. Recently, she spoke five times at the Prairie Bible Institute in Alberta, Canada on this subject.
3. Living Stones or Security - We, like Helen, can live free from the besetting sins of anger, fear, frustration, anxiety, unbelief, complaining, disputing and bickering with colleagues as we claim Isa. 26:3, "You will keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on Him because he trusts in God."
4. Authority to Accomplish His will - Jesus said after His resurrection, "All authority has been given to me in heaven and earth, Go therefore and make disciples of all nations..." There is no higher authority than the Lord's. He gives us the empowering, enabling and competency to adequately address each opposing force with a greater rule over any objections or hesitations or encumbrances.
5. Help of the Holy Spirit - The Savior equips us, as He did Helen, to do supernatural works, far beyond all that we ask or think according to the power that works mightily within us." (Eph. 3:20) At one point Helen called hundreds of students to come to the medical college. When they arrived they said, "Where are the buildings?" She said, "You are called by God to build them. See them there in the valley as she envisioned what great things God would do through them." The Spirit of God gives us the eyes to see the things God wants to do through the eyes of faith." Faith is the evidence of things not seen, the assurance of things hoped for." (Heb. 11:1)