Summary: What are the benefits of being thankful?
I. Being thankful to God will help guide you in right and wrong. (v.17)
- (V.23) making a decision on taking a job
- (vs.4:1,2) masters giving what is just and equal
- (Rom 1:21 Because knowing God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful. But they became vain in their reasonings, and their undiscerning heart was darkened.)
- Lack of thankfulness to God is tied to being against God.
- Where there is no humility there is no thankfulness.
- But in col 3 thankfulness is tied to worship of God
II. Being thankful to God will keep your mind at ease. (I Thes 5:16-23)
- Thankfulness tied to rejoicing and peace
- When you are not thankful you get discontent
- (Php 4:11 Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.)
III. Being thankful to God will keep peace between Christians. (II Thes 2:13)
- When we are thankful for each other it is difficult to be critical and mean spirited.
- We need to be thankful for each other
IV. Being thankful to God will keep you from losing your focus on God. (Rev 11:17)
- (Luk_9:62 And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.)
- (Php_2:12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.)
- (Mat_16:24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.)
Ephesians 5:20 Always being thankful