Summary: What does the Bible say about Worship!
Bible way of Worship
(Psa 100:1 KJV) A Psalm of praise. Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all ye lands.
(Psa 100:2 KJV) Serve the LORD with gladness: come before his presence with singing.
(Psa 100:3 KJV) Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.
(Psa 100:4 KJV) Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.
(Psa 100:5 KJV) For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.
Verse 4 “bless’ this Hebrew word is “berak” a act of worship to God. It has the meaning to kneel.
Worship has the ideal of adoration, admiration and intense love.
Hallelujah = Praise Jehovah
I. There is an order in Praise ad Worship.
(Psa 95:1 KJV) O come, let us sing unto the LORD: let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation.
(Psa 95:2 KJV) Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving, and make a joyful noise unto him with psalms.
(Psa 95:3 KJV) For the LORD is a great God, and a great King above all gods.
(Psa 95:4 KJV) In his hand are the deep places of the earth: the strength of the hills is his also.
(Psa 95:5 KJV) The sea is his, and he made it: and his hands formed the dry land.
(Psa 95:6 KJV) O come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the LORD our maker.
Notice the order of things.
1. Come before Him with singing-make a joyful noise.
2. Enter His gates with thanksgiving, courts with praise.
3. Then, worship and bow down.
II. Praise and Worship touches our Spirit, Soul and Body.
1. We were created with a spirit, soul and body
2. We use our entire being to worship God
(John 4:23 KJV) But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
1. Remember, you are a spirit, you were created in the image of God. God is a spirit. You must worship Him in spirit and in truth. You have a soul, and when your soul ad spirit agree, your body will respond
When we make up our minds and choose to enter into praise then our soul gets involved.
1. Praise begins in the soul realm. The soul is made up of the will of man, the mind and the emotions.
a. That’s why we need to have God renew our minds.
(Rom 12:2 KJV) And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
(Rom 12:1 KJV) I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
1. Your body is good not bad, it’s the house of the Holy Spirit.
(1 Cor 6:19 KJV) What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
(1 Cor 6:20 KJV) For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.
III. Praise and Worship demands we use our heart not our head.
A. Head worship verses Heart Worship
B. Heart worship is the resulted of the recreated spirit.
C. Out of that right standing or relationship that begins in the spirit then the soul gets involved.
D. Then our mind, the emotions, the will of man.
E. Our minds need to renewed. They need a Holy Spirit transformation.
(Mat 26:41 KJV) Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.
1. When we worship God, God the creator, the Spirit of God renews and changes our minds and opens our spirit.
2. Will we connect with the Father through our spirit or will we allow our feelings to lead us???
3.Our emotions are to fully expressed and released in order and decency according to God’s Word-But they must be released.
4. The body gives expression. In fact, He commands us to express ourselves and in so doing he’s really inviting us to enjoy Him. God enjoys us enjoying Him.
IV. Praise and Worship honors God not man.
A. We do not express these ways to be seen of men.
1. We want God to see them.
B. Some people are afraid of what others may think.