Summary: In our life we become poor in spirit at one time or another. We see many changes in our lives from birth to our death.
Blessed are. In our life we become poor in spirit at one time or another. We see many changes in our lives from birth to our death. But in between we see the hope of our salvation and the promises of eternal life thru Jesus Christ. Mat 5:3 Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are the poor in spirit; These are the people that are convinced of sin and unrighteousness, which are willing to accept the truth about themselves. Understanding that there is no hope without a saviour, a intercessor a guide to God.
Mat 5:4 Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted. Isa 61:3 To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified. These are the people that have compassion on others, who love all even if they are not loved. Those that cry over sin, knowing that sin will eventually bring in destruction.
Mat 5:5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth. These are the people that do not resist the evil in this world but return Love for hate. Giving understanding to those that are without understanding and accepting persecution without trying to recompense the evil that is done unto them.
Mat 5:6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled. These are the people that have a great desire to learn about God. Their hunger for the word will be filled and the righteousness that man is in lack of will be bestowed upon them from the Father. For mans righteousness is as filthy rags before God.
Mat 5:7 Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy. Those that give mercy to others in lew of debt and obligation will also receive mercy from the Father for their debt and obligation. God looked beyond our faults and found our needs.
Mat 5:8 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God. Pure; 1. Separate from all heterogeneous or extraneous matter; clear; free from mixture; as pure water; pure clay; pure sand; pure air; pure silver of gold. 2. Free from moral defilement; without spot; not sullied or tarnished; incorrupt; undebased by moral turpitude; holy
Thou art of purer eyes than to behold evil. Hab 1. Prov 20
3. Genuine; real; true; incorrupt; unadulterated; as pure religion. James 1
4. Unmixed; separate from any other subject or from every thing foreign.
5. Free from guilt; guiltless; innocent
6. Not vitiated with improper or corrupt words or phrases; as a pure style of discourse or composition
7. Disinterested; as pure benevolence
8. Chaste; as a pure virgin
9. Free from vice or moral turpitude. Titus 1
10. Ceremonially clean; unpolluted. Ezra 6
11. Free from any thing improper; as, his motives are pure
12. Mere; absolute; that and that only; unconnected with any thing else; as a pure villain. He did that from pure compassion, or pure good nature. To be able to see God while in the flesh is almost impossible, even Moses only could view Gods hinder parts, but in the spirit all will see the face of God, either as Judge or as Friend.