Summary: The sermon shares with us what is born unto each and that is a wonderful councilor, born unto us is the activity of God, born unto us is the vision of an everlasting Father, and born unto us is Prince of peace.
Isaiah 9:2-7 "Born Unto Us" Key verse’s 6-7
A child was born in Bethlehem, and the world was introduced to a new way of seeing. Expectations were turned upside down by a prince being born in a barn, Born unto us marks the beginning of a new era in human history, one in which injustice, selfishness and violence were to be replaced by justice, righteousness and peace.
• Maybe The names of Jesus give us an idea of what is Born unto us.
1. Born unto us is a Wonderful Counselor
A. His counsel offers direction and guidance like He led the children of Israel
20After leaving Succoth they camped at Etham on the edge of the desert. 21By day the LORD went ahead of them in a
pillar of cloud to guide them on their way and by night in a pillar of fire to give them light, so that they could travel
by day or night.
B. The Psalmist claims that His guidance leads to Heaven
24You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me into glory. 25Whom have I in heaven but you?
And earth has nothing I desire besides you.
C. Isaiah says His Eyes lead us to make rough times smooth times
16I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness
into light before them and make the rough places smooth.
2. Born unto Us is the Activity of God.
A. WE see a babe born who is helpless but the babe grows great enough to
conquer hell, death, the grave, and even sin.
B. We see Victory because of the activity of God
• Consider the following during the battles of life a temptation, an obstacle, a setback, a rejection, a disappointment, a crushing loss, feeling bruised, and beaten down. We see like Paul 57But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
4. Born unto US is a clear Vision of an Everlasting Father
A. We see a Father who is not absent but we see a Father who is caring and attentative,
B. Born unto us is a Father who is good
• The psalmist records 1Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good. His love endures forever
4. Born unto Us is the Prince of peace.
A. Jesus brought peace, prosperity and well-being to all people and He challenges us to do likewise.
B. The Prince of Peace is to live "with justice and with righteousness from this time onward and forevermore" (Isaiah 9:7).
C. Born unto Us is hope for those who are walking in darkness shall see the Light
• For unto us a child is born who will grow up, and die for us
• For unto us a child is born that will Resurrect for us
• For unto us a child is born who will Redeem us we are justified freely by his grace through redemption that came by Christ Jesus.
• For unto us a child is born who will reconcile us