Summary: • This morning I want to talk about how we break the back of lack. • We can overcome the fear of lack by the Word of God. • In today’s news all we see is negative reports of recession and economic chaos. They are constantly broadcast through various
• This morning I want to talk about how we break the back of lack.
• We can overcome the fear of lack by the Word of God.
• In today’s news all we see is negative reports of recession and economic chaos. They are constantly broadcast through various media outlets with the objective of planting fear of lack in your heart.
• However, you do not have to allow fear of lack to take root in your heart.
• Fear is contaminated faith and will create an access point for the devil into your life.
• Overcome the fear of lack by refusing to receive any words that contradict what God's Word says about provision.
• This morning let’s take a moment to review where this fear comes from and then look to the Word of God to overcome the spirit of lack.
(NKJV) 2 Timothy 1 7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.
1) Fear is a spirit that does not come from God.
a) Shout…I am a Fearless Christian.
b) Shout…I will break the back of lack today!
c) If you tolerate fear on any level, it will contaminate your faith.
i) Fear gives Satan access into your life.
ii) Fear and unbelief are tied together. So be in faith!
iii) It is impossible to please God without faith.
iv) Identify the areas in which you do not believe God's Word. (Really ask God and be lead by the Holy Spirit)
v) The primary fear Satan wants you to receive is the fear that God's Word will not work in your life.
2) Overcome the fear of lack.
a) Shout… Jesus, through your Word, I will overcome the fear of lack.
b) Shout… Lack, I curse you at the root. In the Name of Jesus, you must go!
c) Recognize lack is an enemy of God. God provides abundantly.
i) In the Bible, the Lord will cause the enemies that rise against you to be smitten before your face.
ii) Shout…I am overcoming lack!
(NKJV) Deuteronomy 28 7 “The LORD will cause your enemies who rise against you to be defeated before your face; they shall come out against you one way and flee before you seven ways.
iii) The plagues of the world shall not be upon you; or destroy you.
(1) You live in this world but are not of this world.
(2) Shout… I am overcoming lack!
(NKJV) Exodus 12 13 Now the blood shall be a sign for you on the houses where you are. And when I see the blood, I will pass over you; and the plague shall not be on you to destroy you when I strike the land of Egypt.
14 ‘So this day shall be to you a memorial; and you shall keep it as a feast to the LORD throughout your generations. You shall keep it as a feast by an everlasting ordinance.
d) Shout…The power of God is available to supply all my needs.
e) For 40 years the Israelites did not lack anything in the wilderness.
(NKJV) Deuteronomy 2 7 “For the LORD your God has blessed you in all the work of your hand. He knows your trudging through this great wilderness. These forty years the LORD your God has been with you; you have lacked nothing.”’
i) What God did for Moses, He will do for you. Get this in your spirit today. Jesus wants you to lack in nothing.
f) When you get desperate enough for God, this is the place where God will meet all your need. At this point, there is no fear in you.
g) Trust God, believe in the Word, just as Jesus told the disciples to go on a journey and take nothing with them.
(NKJV) Luke 9 3 And He said to them, “Take nothing for the journey, neither staffs nor bag nor bread nor money; and do not have two tunics apiece. 4 “Whatever house you enter, stay there, and from there depart. 5 And whoever will not receive you, when you go out of that city, shake off the very dust from your feet as a testimony against them.”
i) The disciples lacked nothing while on their journey.
ii) Shout…I will lack nothing on my journey with Jesus.
(NKJV) Luke 22 35 And He said to them, “When I sent you without money bag, knapsack, and sandals, did you lack anything?” So they said, “Nothing.”
iii) Walk honorably toward others and you will lack nothing (1 Thessalonians 4:12).
iv) If you seek the Lord, you will not lack any beneficial thing.
(1) Seek Him. Place your focus on him. Seek means to look for, search for, try to find, seek out, inquire about and to request.