Summary: Part 1 of a two part sermon going phrase by phrase of Romans 12:1-2
- Sahara Desert is more than 3½ million sq miles
- Almost as large as USA
- It is the world's hottest desert, and the largest outside th poles
- During experiments aboard the space shuttle “Columbia,” scientists discovered that there are twenty-six lakes under the Sahara desert.
- Experts estimate it holds over 93,000 cubic miles of water
-30 times more than the entire world uses today.
- It’s tragic to think of the people who are starving and dying of thirst because these hidden resources have not yet been tapped.
- The old way of living has to be replaced with this new discovery
- Don’t get stuck in a rut and stay there
- "A Rut is a Coffin With the Ends Kicked Out."
- Is your mold of a new day "Here I go again,"
- It is as though you were putting on a cold, wet boot.
I Beseech You
- Like “ATTINTION EVERYONE” or EXTRA, EXTRA READ ALL ….
- Urgency here - Appeal, Beg, Urge, Plead
- 1 Thessalonians 4:10 (AV)
… we beseech you, brethren, that ye increase more and more;
When we see “therefore” we need to ask “What is it there for?”
- We review the previous facts & truths
- ROMANS – My need of salvation & Christ my Savior
- Ro 11:33-36 – Sums it all up
The Living Bible | Ro 11:33
Oh, what a wonderful God we have! How great are his wisdom and knowledge and riches! How impossible it is for us to understand his decisions and his methods! 34 For who among us can know the mind of the Lord? Who knows enough to be his counselor and guide? 35 And who could ever offer to the Lord enough to induce him to act? 36 For everything comes from God alone. Everything lives by his power, and everything is for his glory. To him be glory evermore.
By The Mercies Of God
- Compare Ro 11:30-32 Mercy - 4x-
- Mercy means undeserved kindness, compassion, tenderness
- We are blessed – Ephesians 1:3 (AV)
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
- Ps 1:1-3 – Blessed is the man ….
Present Your Bodies
- To place at one’s disposal
- Nothing held back – Total surrender
1 Corinthians 6:19–20 (AV)
19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s.
- Anninasis & Sapheria - Acts 5:1-3
- OT sacrifice was to die, our sacrifice is to live!
- This sacrifice is costly, painful, difficult, personal & necessary
- Think of giving a book to someone but not letting go
- They can’t use it
Philippians 1:20–21 (AV)
20 According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death.
21 For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
A “Living Sacrifice”