Summary: A believer can succeed without limitations if he decide to and he is determined through the strength of God, and he can refuse the distractions from the kingdom of darkness.
BREAKING OFF FROM YOUR LIMITATION
Study Text: 2 Kings 6: 1 – 7
2Ki 6:1 THE SONS of the prophets said to Elisha, Look now, the place where we live before you is too small for us.
2Ki 6:2 Let us go to the Jordan, and each man get there a [house] beam; and let us make us a place there where we may dwell. And he answered, Go.
2Ki 6:3 One said, Be pleased to go with your servants. He answered, I will go.
2Ki 6:4 So he went with them. And when they came to the Jordan, they cut down trees.
2Ki 6:5 But as one was felling his beam, the axe head fell into the water; and he cried, Alas, my master, for it was borrowed!
2Ki 6:6 The man of God said, Where did it fall? When shown the place, Elisha cut off a stick and threw it in there, and the iron floated.
2Ki 6:7 He said, Pick it up. And he put out his hand and took it.
- When we look at the success and lives of others, we may sometimes cry out in envy, Why doesn’t that happen to me? Why can’t I have it like that.
- If we are not careful, we can become so consumed with envy and jealousy of others, that we will miss out on what we are capable of having or doing ourselves. Life is always going to be unfair.
- God has something special and unique for you, because of who you are. We are all different with various strengths and talents. We are also different because of the limitations which we each possess.
- None of us are limited in the exact same way. The issue before us is, whether we will learn from our limitations or use them as an excuse to not reach the potential God has placed within us.
- This chapter begins with the sons of the prophets realizing the place they had been living
was too small. That was why they asked permission of the prophet Elisha to go and enlarge their territory.
- Prophetically, e need to pray for God to remove the things that obstruct our view of who God is and all that He has made available to us.
It is time for us to have an enlargement of the Kingdom of God released in us.
- We shall discuss the topic under three sub-headings:
1. The Decision
2. The Determination
3. The Distraction
1. The Decision
- The sons of the prophet discovered that they have been limited for many years, and they decided to break off the limit and be enlarged.
- We need to cry out for an enlargement of our territory, but it begins with enlarging our view of Him.
- He has given us everything that pertains to life and godliness but we have been limited because of where we have been living, and because of our perception of His Kingdom.
- We need to desire enlargement without limitations, and take decision that we don't want to live in a place of limitation in any area any longer.
- God wants to enlarge all of your territories, but until you desire it and take a decision towards achieving your enlargement, it will not happen.
- Have you ever had seasons you feel you can't fully enter into all God has for you, because of the limitations? You need to believe in the God that can not be limited.
- He desires for us to walk in the fullness of all He has released to us. He also has made a way for us to walk in complete freedom with no limitations. Joh 10:10.
- If we are not walking and living in the abundant life, we need to find out why. The Word of God says….Joh 8:36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed. Jesus came to give us all freedom.
- Let's join in agreement to have freedom from all limitations; this is part of God's plan for every one of us. This we can do by desiring our enlargement without limitations and by taking decisions towards our enlargement.
2. The Determination
- In life you must always seek to associate with people who have a God-given vision and are driven by it.
- The devil only attacks people who carry supernatural grace and favour. The extent to which you know God is directly dependent on the level to which God will reveal Himself to you.
- Never allow repeated failures and defeats to prevent you from progressing in life. If you have passion to see your God-given vision come to fruition you will not allow any limitation or hindrance. Micah 7: 8.