Summary: There is no reason for us to be bound by the yokes of bondage the devil puts on us.
The yoke is figurative of bondage and affliction. 13 I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that you should not be their slaves; I have broken the bands of your yoke and made you walk upright” (Leviticus 26:13 (NKJV)
14 "The yoke of my transgressions was bound; They were woven together by His hands, And thrust upon my neck. He made my strength fail; The Lord delivered me into the hands of those whom I am not able to withstand” (Lamentations 1:14 (NKJV)
They shall be wholly delivered from the power of the Assyrian, and from the fear of it. They shall not only be eased of the Assyrian army, which is now quartered upon them and which is a grievous yoke and burden to them, but they shall no more pay that tribute to the king of Assyria which before this invasion he exacted from the, and they shall be no longer at his service nor lie at his mercy, as they have done, nor shall he ever again put the country under contribution.
We are like Israel is in relation to Assyria. We have allowed the devil to put yokes on us. We have allowed him to lead us around, to lead us where we really do not want to go. Many have been under his yoke and have been seeking to be free from it.
What kind of yoke has the devil placed on you?
He is leading many into things that are not good for them. And we seem to be following him.
Jeremiah 30:8 - ’For it shall come to pass in that day,’ says the LORD of hosts, ’That I will break his yoke from your neck, and will burst your bonds; foreigners shall no more enslave them.”
It is the anointing or the divine enablement of God manifesting Himself on our behalf that breaks the yoke. It is that divine flow of the Holy Spirit that will break that yoke in our lives.
If the church ever recognizes this concept, we will give the prince of darkness fits. In the past if the devil could hinder a handful of people, he could halt a whole revival move. What would happen if the entire Body of Christ took on the anointing and broke away from the yokes that have been placed around their necks by the enemy?
What does the term anointing mean
1. There are two words for it. One in the Hebrew which is mashach, which means to rub or smear with oil, to paint, to cover over, to consecrate.
2. The Greek word for anointing is Chiro. It means to anoint, to cover over, to rub with oil. It is always used of rubbing or sprinkling with oil in a religious sense.
3. The anointing means to be rubbed, painted or smeared with oil. B. We realize that oil is representation of the Holy Spirit so to be anointed would be to be rubbed, painted or smeared by the Holy Ghost.
1. When you take a bath you don’t just put soap on your hands and then wash it off, you rub it in, you smear it in, you work it in until you are clean.
2. The working of the Holy Spirit and the anointing is the process of rubbing and smearing out all the sin.
a. It is a complete cleansing, a consecration, a new creature for the service of God