Summary: Faith is very important in our relationship with God and also in our Christian walk.
BREAKING THROUGH IN FAITH
I. FAITH AFFECTS OTHERS (v. 18)
• What you believe can affect those you know
• But this kind of faith is active and not dead faith (Jas.2:14-20)
• We are the light and salt of the earth (Mt. 5:13-16)
• Both of these affects those around them
• We are the living epistles or testimony of Christ in this world
• If you are a true believer of Christ, there is no way it will
not come out of your life and be seen by others
• See the Hall of Faith (Heb. 11 esp. vv. 30-38)
• These people affected their generation because of their faith
• Does your faith affect others?
• Does it bring realization from others of who God is?
• The faith of these men affected the paralyzed man. And he was
II. FAITH ALLOWS NO BOUNDARIES (v. 19)
• Believing can take opposite forms. It can be faith or it can be
• When you believe that God exists and that He loves you and wants
to meet your needs, and then your believing creates faith in
• On the other hand, doubt is just as real.
• The reverse of faith, doubt tells you that God does not exist or
that he is unloving and uncaring about your needs.
• Doubt gives rise to fear, which brings torment not peace
(1 Jn. 4:18)
• Fear actually keeps you from receiving the good things God
desires to send your way.
• Doubt and do without; with faith believe and receive.
EXPECT A MIRACLE!
• These men took the opportunity when Jesus returned to Capernaum
• They will not let this time passed without getting the healing
• Take note that there will be hindrances to discourage you from
believing and receiving (Mk. 2:4; Lk. 5:19)
• The blessing is always on the other side of the wall. JUST
BELIEVE AND YOU WILL RECEIVE!
• Their faith moved them into action! There was no way to get in through the door, they made their way through the roof!!
• Houses were made of clay and straw therefore its easy to make a hole. (I wonder how Peter reacted?)
• Look at their effort: they brought the man, they climbed the roof, the uncovered the tiles and they let down the man
• Compare them to the religious leaders who failed to experience the power of God because of their unbelief.
• Lack of faith will make you see the impossibilities. Faith knows no boundaries. It believes that all things are possible with God.
• The people of Nazareth failed to receive for their lack of faith (Mt. 13:53-58)
• The ten fearful spies and the two believing spies (Num. 13 & 14)
III. FAITH MOVES GOD TO ACT (v. 20)
• Faith pleases God (Heb. 11:6)
• It is our faith that moves the hand of God to do miracles and not our emotion.
• Canaanite woman (Mt. 15:21-28)
• Martha (John 11:40)
• Bartimaeus (Mk. 10:46-52)
• Why did Jesus forgave and healed the man? Because of the faith of his friends! (v. 26)
• Through faith, God can touch even our deepest needs (v. 20)
• God can see beyond our natural eyes can see.
• Jesus forgave first and then he healed the man.
• The Pharisees were correct in saying that only God can forgive sin. In order to prove that He has the authority to forgive sins, Jesus healed the man (vv. 21-24)
• The man was brought to Jesus on a mat. He went home carrying his mat. For everyone to see (v. 24)
MARK 11:22-24 HAVE FAITH IN GOD!
What is your need? Is there a hindrance to make you doubt and be discouraged? Faith in God is the key for the release of God’s blessings in your life!