Summary: The Sermon shares how God breathed on the Church at Pentecost and is still breathing today.
Pentecost is the Breathing of God on God's Church
• Hear the importance of Breath. God breathed into Adam and became Genesis 2:7the LORD God formed the manE from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.
• God Breathed on the Waters and they became a pile
8By the blast of your nostrils the waters piled up. The surging waters stood firm like a wall;
• God breathed and the waters covered the Adversity of Pharaohs Army
10But you blew with your breath and the sea covered them. They sank like lead in the mighty
1. God Breathed on Pentecost and was Birthed a New Church
• The New Church will stay all together in one place
• The New Church beheld a Divine Presence
vs 2.a sound like the blowing of a violent wind came from heaven and filled the
• The New Church would be filled with the Holy Spirit
4All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit
2. God Breathed and the New Church Beholds the Amazing
• The New Church will hear Amazing Testimonies
? 9Parthians, Medes and Elamites; residents of Mesopotamia, Judea and Cappadocia, Pontus and
Asia, 10Phrygia and Pamphylia, Egypt and the parts of Libya near Cyrene; visitors from
Rome 11(both Jews and converts to Judaism); Cretans and Arabs--
we hear them declaring the wonders of God in our own tongues!"
• The New Church will be confronted with Amazing Courage
14Then Peter stood up with the Eleven, (NO longer cowards) raised his voice and
addressed the crowd: "
• The New Church will encounter Amazing Demonstrations by God
17 " `In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit sons and daughters will
prophesy your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams
19I will show wonders in the heaven above and signs on the earth below
3. God Breathes and the New Church will be Called Out
• The New Church Calls us out of darkness to Light
, Because you are the people of God; a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a
people belonging to God, God called us out of darkness into his wonderful light
• The New Church , Timothy says is called to a holy Life ,
2 Timothy 1:9who has saved us and called us to a holy life--
• Hebrews say the New Church is called to keep their eyes and thoughts on Jesus
31Therefore, holy brothers, who share in the heavenly calling, fix your thoughts on Jesus
• Corinthians says the New Church is called to have Fellowship
. 9God, who has called you into fellowship with his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, is faithful.
• Good News the New Church is called to Eternal Life
1 Timothy 6:12Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to
which you were called.
• The New Church is Called to Repentance
Isaiah 551 "Come, all you who are thirsty, come to the waters; and you who have no
money, come, buy and eat! Come, buy wine and milk without money and without cost.
• The New Church is Calling in the Latter Days for all to be Saved
21And everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.'C