Summary: When Jesus (The Rock) arrives things happen.
A Individual was hiking in the mountains when he saw a stone. It was a small one about the size of
a half dollar. Ordinarily, he would have past the stone and there it would have remained another
thousand years. But this one stone caught his eye. It was special. Glinting in the sunshine. It seemed
to reflect all the surrounding colors, as though trying to mirror nature. Into his pocket went the rare find.
All the way home to the east coast, he wondered where he might put it where its beauty would
be most enjoyed. He placed it in a curio cabinet, next to some jade and carved ivory. He forgot it
for a while.One day while dusting he noticed that the once precious stone had lost its luster. It set
on the shelf with other lovely objects. Now it was a hard, grey chunk of nothing, downright ugly.
He was shocked. What had happened to the prize that he brought back across the continent?
Where was the sparkle and the colors that had attracted him so much?
Disgusted, he brought out the rock and started to the trash can in the backyard. Then, just as he opened
the door a beam of light struck the stone. As though by magic, it began to shimmer, to glow again.
In an instant the beautiful jewel tones shown brilliantly.
Had they returned or had they always been there dormant, waiting to be released? Wondering,
he glanced up at the sky. Sunlight? That was the answer. The rays from the sun were all his
precious stone needed to come alive.
Bring Out The Rock! Ephesians 4:25- 5:2
Who is the Rock? We know it Jesus
• Jesus is the Rock that builds a Church Christ is our beacon over darkness Matthew 16:18And I tell you that you are Peter,C and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of HadesD will not overcome it
• Jesus is the Chosen Stone chosen of God but rejected of men.1 Peter2:4As you come to him, the living Stone--rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him--
5you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood
• He is the Rock that brings forth Justice4He is the Rock, his works are perfect, and all his ways are just. A faithful God who does no wrong, upright and just is he.
• He is the rock that Listens if we talk He will listen. Ps 28: 11To you I call, O LORD my Rock; do not turn a deaf ear to me. For if you remain silent, 6Praise be to the LORD, for he has heard my cry for mercy
• Isaiah says He is the eternal Rock Isa 26: 44Trust in the LORD forever, for the LORD, is the Rock eternal.
• He is the Rock that gives Rays of spiritual direction He journeys with us 1Co 10: 4 for they drank from the spiritual rock that accompanied them, and that rock was Christ.
First thing that happen when we bring out the rock , falsehood is removed and Truth Arises.
• 25Therefore each of you must put off falsehood and speak truthfully to his neighbor, for we are all members of one body
• The Old King found out his gods, were no challenge for the True God
• The Hebrew boys said, “our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and He will deliver us from your hand, O king. 18 But if not, let it be known to you, O king, that we do not serve your gods, nor will we worship the gold image which you have set up.”